Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

https://www.advertiserandtimes.co.uk/tesco-bike-rack-brockenhurst

Village’s ‘ugly’ bike rack could be moved after complaints

"People are upset about the one outside of Tesco; those spaces have been prime parking spaces up until now.” 

And so they are.

https://www.advertiserandtimes.co.uk/tesco-bike-rack-brockenhurst

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

brooksby | 3 years ago
0 likes

Hands up if you think the proposed alternative site will be out of sight of the public, unsafe to use, and nowhere near any of the shops...

Grahamd replied to brooksby | 3 years ago
0 likes

brooksby wrote:

Hands up if you think the proposed alternative site will be out of sight of the public, unsafe to use, and nowhere near any of the shops...

You forgot to add and so badly communicated that it is never used and subsequently removed as it is clearly not required.

BIRMINGHAMisaDUMP replied to brooksby | 3 years ago
0 likes

There is a 'bike stand' in a local Tesco to me, neatly hidden in an obscure corner  that also doubles up as the smoking area for the staff. So you can get a free lung full of fag smoke if you're lucky. 

TheBillder | 3 years ago
3 likes

Ooh, ugly bike rack where there could be beautiful cars.

Sometimes elected politicians, even those as senior as parish councillors, just need to do the unpopular but right thing and see what happens. Sadly most will not - they might lose the next election on the knife-edge 5% turnout and then have to do something else with their Tuesday evenings to satisfy their lust for committees, minutes and points of order.

David9694 replied to TheBillder | 3 years ago
2 likes

TheBillder wrote:

...to satisfy their lust for committees, minutes and points of order.

Just my livelihood these past 32 years! 

make them functional, make them distinctive the answer from some people is the same.  I don't take the print edition of this newspaper and so I don't know whether any letters referred to have been published.  

I found one on-line from August, when this town briefly had a one way system in support of social distancing: 
"Many of our elderly residents cannot walk the distance from the car park to the baker, butcher or the village veg shops, let alone carry the purchased items and use their walking sticks or ride bicycles." - yet they are somehow competent, safe drivers. Perhaps when it's my turn I'll understand how this works.  "In addition, why do we have to pander to cyclists? We do not need any more of these."

Latest Comments