Long Commute With an eBike

Briefly - looking to commute by eBike, 32 miles each way, twice per week. How feasible is this, and what's the best eBike for around £1500 - £2000 to do this?

Details:

I'm currently working from home. My employer is putting together a plan to get people back in the office on a "tag team" basis. So I'm probably going to be in the office 2 days per week and work the other 3 from home in the not too distant future. In the Before Times I used to get the train to work, but as you can probably imagine I'm not too keen on doing that any time soon, I could drive in but I'd prefer to cycle.

Distance to work is about 32 miles each way. I cycled it on my road bike one way at the start of February - took the day off, got the train to work and cycled home. The route is mostly quiet country lanes, a few hills and some poor road surfaces. Cycling it unassisted wasn't too tough, but I wouldn't want to do it twice in one day. Hoping that an eBike would require a lot less effort (half?).

We're signed up to the Bike2Work scheme. I was initially looking at bikes under £1000, but I've now confirmed that the limit no longer applies, so I think it would be worth spending a bit more. I've done some research online, thought the Raleigh Motus for £1650 looked pretty good.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Latest Comments