Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Man Sits On Chair In Road To Stop Porsche Being Towed

5 hour stand-off, it would seem. Imagine a cyclist "holding up the traffic" for 5 seconds.

Peter Fennell darted outside of his home in Highgate, north London, when he noticed a loading truck had his classic 80s Porsche 944 sports car - which was previously parked on double yellows.

But the 54-year-old wasn't going to let his whip go without a fight, plonking a chair in front of the tow truck and continuing with his working day from the unusual spot, while his wife Anne blockaded it from behind.

After a five-hour stand-off, Peter and Anne eventually prevailed, with the officers' superiors agreeing to release the vehicle.

https://www.ladbible.com/news/news-man-sits-on-chair-in-road-to-stop-por...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Captain Badger | 3 years ago
3 likes

Isn't blocking the highway an offence? Why weren't the police involved?

My comfort on this is that it is newsworthy. It allows the gammons to slobber and spew before going back to their pints in thumbprint jugs, and forget that this is one case out of hundreds of successful tows.

Plenty more fish in the sea....

slappop | 3 years ago
0 likes

So if you subscribe, are those really nasty Skimlinks tracking wrappers removed from external links?

Hirsute replied to slappop | 3 years ago
0 likes

No, it's a bit irritating. I have to manually follow the link due to browser extensions.

TheBillder | 3 years ago
9 likes

Top tip:

Motorists: sick and tired of those parking fines, being towed away, or getting caught by speed cameras? Then follow the  f'ing rules.

"Parked half on double yellow lines and forgot to move it in the morning". So find a legal parking space further away. It was still illegal last night mate. And I hope you get done for obstruction of the tow truck and the rest of the road. Selfish git.

His account of seeing people in tears at the pound being uable to afford to get their cars back indicates he's been there before. If you don't like the penalty, don't do the offence. It's not rocket surgery.

Luca Patrono replied to TheBillder | 3 years ago
7 likes

I wonder if this idiot - who I notice is being glorified by the mainstream press, those guidelines can't come soon enough - will have the book thrown at him for this stupidity.

AlsoSomniloquism replied to Luca Patrono | 3 years ago
5 likes

I noticed the same press who are glorifying him easily print anything when LTN's or cycle lanes are accused of stopping traffic or emergency services. 

I expect it is because of the use of the words "Un-British" which has stoked them as well. 

BIRMINGHAMisaDUMP | 3 years ago
1 like

It's not a Porsche anyway - it's one of those Volkswagen Porsches things. 

AlsoSomniloquism | 3 years ago
1 like

Reminds me of this one. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-30591166

Watch the video as well and tell me where his story falls down multiple times. I will give you one clue. He states the only sign to state it was a disabled place was was the little sticker. BTW, for anyone interested, the tow truck is minimum 30 mins after a PCN is assigned. 

And as for that numpty. The truck never moved an inch and put the car down fully with all tires on Yellow lines designed to keep the the juntion behind clear so they can safely come out. So where did he get half over them. (not that it matters, one bit of tire touching is "On double Yellow Lines".

Latest Comments