Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

New Years Resolution - Stop feeding the troll

If we all stop replying to the troll he might go away.

"Like" if you agree.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

18 comments

Rendel Harris | 3 years ago
1 like

Yep I'm with you, mea culpa, I've wasted far too much time trying to argue with him, realised it's just as much a waste of virtual breath as he is of real breath (the great Linda Smith (RIP), "They shouldn't just be deprived of the oxygen of publicity, they should be deprived of the oxygen of oxygen"). Henceforth I shall mend my ways and only engage with people who are actually interested in cycling, not getting their rocks off at the thought of how much they can spoil an excellent forum.  

Recoveryride | 3 years ago
2 likes

Many forums have an 'ignore user' or 'mute user' function that enables you simply not to see an individual's posts. That is surely easily enough added?

don simon fbpe replied to Recoveryride | 3 years ago
0 likes

Isn't that called the brain? There's a user here that I won't respond to on certain topics as they are ignorant as a Republican voter and aren't backwards in coming out to demonstrate it.

Recoveryride replied to don simon fbpe | 3 years ago
3 likes

Indeed, though I think sometimes it is hard to restrain oneself. The mute button removes that temptation.

hawkinspeter replied to don simon fbpe | 3 years ago
3 likes

don simon fbpe wrote:

There's a user here that I won't respond to on certain topics as they are ignorant as a Republican voter and aren't backwards in coming out to demonstrate it.

Well, I'm sorry Don, but it's just obvious that grey squirrels are superior to red squirrels.

Mungecrundle replied to hawkinspeter | 3 years ago
5 likes

hawkinspeter wrote:

don simon fbpe wrote:

There's a user here that I won't respond to on certain topics as they are ignorant as a Republican voter and aren't backwards in coming out to demonstrate it.

Well, I'm sorry Don, but it's just obvious that grey squirrels are superior to red squirrels.

Fuckit, he's right.

mdavidford replied to Mungecrundle | 3 years ago
4 likes

Depends on your perspective - the red has a c.67% weight advantage when it comes to ascending the Zoncolan.

PRSboy replied to mdavidford | 3 years ago
1 like

Grey squirrel looks more aero though.

Hirsute replied to hawkinspeter | 3 years ago
1 like

Are they better at storming the Capitol building ?

hawkinspeter replied to Hirsute | 3 years ago
0 likes

Here we go again, another debate about the efficacy of squirrels.

I'm going to have to use a graph to decide this one

Rich_cb replied to hawkinspeter | 3 years ago
1 like

Racist.

hawkinspeter replied to Rich_cb | 3 years ago
0 likes
Rich_cb wrote:

Racist.

Speciesist, maybe.

don simon fbpe replied to hawkinspeter | 3 years ago
1 like

hawkinspeter | 3 years ago
7 likes

I was thinking of adopting a policy of not commenting on articles that have a particular troll commenting on them. If everyone (unlikely) did that, it'd have the effect of just leaving their ridiculous comments as the last posted comment and everyone else just moves on. Kind of like a scorched earth policy, but with articles and comments.

Hirsute | 3 years ago
1 like

I believe they have gone now.

AlsoSomniloquism replied to Hirsute | 3 years ago
0 likes

Inside knowledge?

ktache replied to Hirsute | 3 years ago
0 likes

I do hope you are right.

mdavidford | 3 years ago
4 likes

Erm - as far as I can see, there is no way to 'like' a post - only comments.

I'm dubious about your hypothesis anyway.

Latest Comments