Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Paris - Nice 23

Last minute start list as usual.

Note stage 3 TTT isn't a TTT as we know it. To quote inrng "riders get the time they cross the line with, when normally a team’s time depends on the fourth or fifth rider. No longer is a team only as quick as its fifth rider." I'm still trying to get my head around the race and game implications. The top 10 results will probably be 10 individual riders, but their success will probably depend on team strength, so I'm inclined to score as per TTT scoring, with each team member scoring according to the result of their "captain", but if say 2 riders from the same team are in the top10, then the 11th place rider's team gets 10th place.. But it has changed who I was expecting in my TTT team.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

12 comments

MinardiM189 | 1 year ago
0 likes

Route for Stage 6 changed because of high winds, 2 laps of the finishing circuit.

Did anyone get chance to change their team?

Sniffer replied to MinardiM189 | 1 year ago
0 likes

Now cancelled. Two unfortunate transfers for me.  Can't be helped.

Daniel Norton replied to Sniffer | 1 year ago
0 likes

Yeah, I wasted one bringing in Matthews.  I tried to wait for news but read the stage was still on.  What can you do?

Sniffer | 1 year ago
1 like

I think Schmid was DNS today (Procyclingstats). He appears to have been awarded points in the TTT.

tony kappler replied to Sniffer | 1 year ago
0 likes

Yes, naturally I picked Schmid being the "GC captain" for Q/S. Oh well. One of the problems being in Oz with a late stage start.

For the record, TER scored stage. I've fixed it.

Sniffer replied to tony kappler | 1 year ago
0 likes

I very nearly picked him too. Decided I wanted the budget and missed a bullet.

11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

I'm trying to get my head around this too. My feeling is that it has to be scored like you suggest with the 'team time' taken on the first over the line. Can't work out how the change affects strategy within the game though!

tony kappler replied to 11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

Game strategy; eg Jumbo appears to be the stand out favorite for the TTT. I considered putting in Foss instead of Vingegaard to save money, so I could put in Pog. But if it is all for the "captain", then Foss will probably be sacrificed and finish well down.

Yes we will score as per TTT scoring, but there will be some weird looking results. Will the betting be listing teams or individuals to win?

And how will the last rise affect stage 1?

Condor Andy replied to tony kappler | 1 year ago
1 like

I've read some conflicting reports on what's happening with the TTT. The official rules say they're taking the team's time on the first rider. So the whole team might be given the same time. I'm not sure though.

tony kappler replied to Condor Andy | 1 year ago
1 like

The rules go on to say "slower riders shall be credited with their actual times"'. so I presume that means results will be in team order, but the GC standings will reflect individual rider's times. Very confusing.

Daniel Norton replied to Condor Andy | 1 year ago
0 likes

The riders get their own times for GC purposes...  But the whole team are given the team position.  So the riders dropped from the winning team will win (and get 20 points) but they will drop down the GC.

MinardiM189 | 1 year ago
0 likes

EF team are missing one rider in the list CORT.

also Jumbo have TRATNIK and not LAPORTE

Lets see how much of a mess I can make of this competition.

Latest Comments