Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Paris-Nice

A lot of rosters still to be confirmed here, but I'll keep it updated regularly.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

49 comments

11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Ah well, it wasn't to be. Writing was on the wall when Paret-Peintre & Hamilton  picked up 6&4 points at first sprint putting me further behind!  Gambled on Cavagna rather than a defensive pick, didn't work....... Well done Tora x 3 well deserved. My wait for a stage race win goes on. Perhaps I am destined to be the Poulidor of the game.....

Dr Winston replied to 11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

11waterloo wrote:

Ah well, it wasn't to be. Writing was on the wall when Paret-Peintre & Hamilton  picked up 6&4 points at first sprint putting me further behind!  Gambled on Cavagna rather than a defensive pick, didn't work....... Well done Tora x 3 well deserved. My wait for a stage race win goes on. Perhaps I am destined to be the Poulidor of the game.....

Really...I'm surprised you've never won one. It'll come soon enough. I've won four stage races, one grand tour and one classics game...oh and the purist season...Not bad in three years.

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

Impressive palmares - you are always in the mix! I came close in the TdF the year before last - if Bonifazio had won last stage rather than coming 3rd I'd have done it.....not that I'm bitter! 

Aragonite replied to 11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

11waterloo wrote:

Cheers mate. If Matthews had stayed in the peloton, rather than hitting the break I think there would of been a different winner. Must admit to also being surprised that you have never won a stage race, especially as this is my second of the season, and yet you whooped me last year, and are ahead of me again this year. I guess consistency must be the name of your game. 

It is a bit of a shame that the palmares section on this site isn't updated, but that is maybe a discussion for another day.

triccky100 replied to Aragonite | 3 years ago
0 likes

Agree, you are always up there 11waterloo, surely just a matter of time!

11waterloo replied to triccky100 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Gives me something to aim for! 

11waterloo replied to Aragonite | 3 years ago
0 likes

At least I can relax for a while now...I'm no danger to anyone in Tirreno-Adriatico! 

jollygoodvelo replied to Aragonite | 3 years ago
0 likes

Aragonite wrote:

It is a bit of a shame that the palmares section on this site isn't updated, but that is maybe a discussion for another day.

Palmares seems to update at the end of the season, or perhaps the start of the next.

My Dauphiné win from last year only appeared there just recently.

Aragonite replied to jollygoodvelo | 3 years ago
0 likes

jollygoodvelo wrote:

Aragonite wrote:

Palmares seems to update at the end of the season, or perhaps the start of the next.

My Dauphiné win from last year only appeared there just recently.

Thanks.

triccky100 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Oh well, no changes left so likely to slip off the podium for this one. Shame they had to change last stage of PN but great racing this year, and how good is Tirreneo! 

11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

At the risk of appearing really desperate (which I am!), I think Perez should have got one whole point more today! 5 for the jersey plus first over the first four climbs (4,3,5,4) makes 21 I think (though I am of an age where I could have got it horribly wrong). I will now get my coat & slink off.......

11waterloo replied to 11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Thank you! Justice for Perez! 

0 likes

11waterloo wrote:

Thank you! Justice for Perez! 

Is he done as a pick now?...surely just let the race itself hoover up whatever pts are left. 

0 likes

Yes, and I'm stuck with him till the end! Route change means he's effectively won the jersey so he's got no incentive to attack.

0 likes

11waterloo wrote:

Yes, and I'm stuck with him till the end! Route change means he's effectively won the jersey so he's got no incentive to attack.

Same. Although I have three transfers left due to missing a deadline. Might shift him...or maybe not. 

0 likes

Three transfers.... luxury! Had to get Matthews back in for today (which worked) but left me with only two. McNulty DNF has now used one of them so scratching around a bit.

Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

Last two stages shortened and flatter. Crikey. My team of climbers not looking too smart now.

0 likes

Last stage is radically different, tomorrow's stage less so. It does make who to replace McNulty with an interesting decision.....

0 likes

11waterloo wrote:

Last stage is radically different, tomorrow's stage less so. It does make who to replace McNulty with an interesting decision.....

Yeah, and no % on the finish either. It looks like it's on the dither line between a sprinter and a Matthews type finish....

0 likes

After Bennett exploded spectacularly today, I reckon he will fancy an unexpected chance for redemption! 

0 likes

11waterloo wrote:

After Bennett exploded spectacularly today, I reckon he will fancy an unexpected chance for redemption! 

He did well. He's been one of the first to pop up the climbs of late very often. Not today though....it was a real blow up when it finally came. 

jollygoodvelo replied to Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

Whoever it is that does the adjustments, extra appreciation for updating the game to show the new profiles already!

11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Oh no! McNulty abandoned!

Sniffer replied to 11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Brought him in last night.  Nearly brought Perez in, but didn't.

I can't get a call right this season.  Maybe I'll peak for a Grand Tour.

11waterloo replied to Sniffer | 3 years ago
0 likes

It is amazing how just one crash & abandon can throw your whole strategy out. Definitely regretting using 4 transfers for today! 

Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

Damn. Making a habit of missing deadlines this year...I've only got two sprinters now...

11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Well, having taken Matthews out, I hated every minute of that stage until the very end when he dropped away! The game does skew your view of the race sometimes.....

0 likes

11waterloo wrote:

Well, having taken Matthews out, I hated every minute of that stage until the very end when he dropped away! The game does skew your view of the race sometimes.....

Everything I know told me he wouldn't survive the final onslaught....but I still kept him. Gaudu looked good....massive effort to get back on probably told at the end, but just to get back in and compete was a big plus. That was quite a long stoppage. 

0 likes

That was my logic & taking him out freed up more money BUT he was even attacking at the last sprint point making me sweat it out as long as he could!! Agree about Gaudu - he would have been very happy that Amirail turned up right on cue, but still had to put a shift in himself. 

jollygoodvelo replied to 11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Was also very happy to see him drop back, and even more surprised to pick up my first stage win of the year.  Light on transfers though...

Pages

Latest Comments