Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Preparations for season restart

Morning all, hope you're looking forward to the season restart as much as I am. I'm going to be working over the next few weeks to start putting together the plans for all the fantasy competitions for the rest of the year; updating teams etc, and I'll make a post soon with the races we'll put on after chatting to the others. Obviously all the WT races will be on there, but we'll think about how best to do the classics and what other races to put on besides. It'll be a condensed 3 1/2 months of racing all being well, so comps will be coming thick and fast.

Oh and, I'll have to finish out the cancelled Spring Classics comp by zeroing all scores. This might cause some inaccuracies in rider values for whoever was in the start list when all the races went live. We'll keep our eyes peeled for anyone who might be slightly off when making new comps.

Stay safe everyone, and watch this space!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

14 comments

11waterloo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Vuelta a Burgos supposedly has a live stream via its website but having said that, it didn't seem to work when I tried it today. I did find a stream which used L'Equipe TV and worked well ...... It allowed me to see my pick, Jasper Stuyven, finish 21st - a classic 'nul points' if it had been in the game!  Hopefully my instincts will be better come the weekend.

Condor Andy | 3 years ago
1 like

So no Burgos, I had no time over the weekend, but we'll be prepping for Strade Bianche and the rest of the classics now and get that live over the next few days.

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 3 years ago
0 likes

I never expected you'd put it on anyway...

Just seen Eurosport not carrying it...gutted...any ideas how I can watch it in the UK?..don't mind paying...

Nice line up...Landa seems to have been hovering around in a nowhereness for a while so interested to see how he does...and seeing if Aru has put his problem behind him...oh, and Gaviria of course...

peted76 replied to Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

Eurosport have Strada Bianche on Saturday at 15:50 live for two hours.

Dr Winston replied to peted76 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Gooood. I suppose the white stuff will be somewhat drier won't it?...in fact dusty..

jollygoodvelo replied to Dr Winston | 3 years ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

seeing if Aru has put his problem behind him...

I'm sure he's spent lockdown coming up with some even more random painfaces and excuses.

Dr Winston replied to jollygoodvelo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Italian Gurning champion six years in a row now. He's going head to head with Phil Jones of Man Utd for the European title. 

Cissy Fairfax | 3 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, I am not sure if that meant that the two competitions, season and purist are being reset to zero and a new season? That would be my preference, as it was impossible trying to get a team out for Paris Nice with so much going on in the world and teams dripping out and the overall competitions are redundant for the years now.

Condor Andy replied to Cissy Fairfax | 3 years ago
0 likes

Dave would have to reset the entire game for that to happen. There is now prize for the overall anyway so it's just for fun. I think people are just happy to have racing to enjoy and fantasy to play again.

Dr Winston | 3 years ago
1 like

I'm sure many of you will have seen this, but for those that haven't...This is laid out well...

https://www.procyclingstats.com/calendar/wt-calendar-2020

Exciting times.

jollygoodvelo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Woohoo!  Thanks in advance.  Now, who are all these names again?  Some Croatian bloke called Petr Sagon, seems quite good?

Dr Winston replied to jollygoodvelo | 3 years ago
0 likes

jollygoodvelo wrote:

Woohoo!  Thanks in advance.  Now, who are all these names again?  Some Croatian bloke called Petr Sagon, seems quite good?

Never heard of him...It's all about Pogacar now.

runaroundsioux | 3 years ago
0 likes

Bring it on. Thank you Andy

Dr Winston | 3 years ago
1 like

Really looking forward to some racing...thanks Andy.

Latest Comments