Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Rattling Cannondale Synapse carbon

I've just bought a Synapse carbon bike and it's got a terrible rattle on any sort of rough road surface - it's sounds a drum roll on a snare.  It sounds like it's coming right from the front of the bike but i know that means nothing.

I'm guessing it's the internal cables but has anyone else had this and if so have you worked out how to stop it?  The Giant Defy i had before had internal cables but didn't have the issue (and nor do my internally routing mountain bikes). And i'd have thought the reviews might have mentioned it if they all did it...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

SimonS | 2 years ago
0 likes

This was user error. Rattle was actually coming from the headset top cap. The FSA fork bung compression thing on the Synapse is a really odd design and the top cap had been vibrating loose.  

I've put it back on with a touch of threadlock....

Gossa | 2 years ago
1 like

Hi, your Synapse cables shouldn't rattle, they should sit inside a rattle resistent sheath inside the frame. Is the bike new or used? If new then i'd return to the shop for investigation if possible, if used, perhaps the oroginal owner took it out for some reason.

Thanks

Latest Comments