Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Recycle /donate old cycle clothing

I've got loads of jerseys and bibshorts that are either used and in good condition or never used (freebies in sportives and tours etc) anyone know of good organisations that will take them?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Moist von Lipwig | 3 years ago
0 likes

Recently saw this.

https://www.lunsarcycling.com/support

They have an agency in the UK you can send kit to that will ship it out.

Dingaling | 3 years ago
1 like

Can't imagine anybody wanting used cycling shorts of any sort. Any other stuff I want to get rid of but is not sellable though genuinely respectable/usable I give it away on ebay kleinanzeigen.de (don't know the names used elsewhere). I've given away rain tubs, block pacers, marble gravel, Alibaba clothes basket, used sockets and switches of a discontinued product line (could have given those away 5 times over), a stack of sandpaper for a machine that was kaputt and it goes on. I think it is great that the stuff finds a use instead of going in the bin.

TheBillder | 3 years ago
1 like

eBay if it's still usable. Reduce, reuse, recycle. Someone will usually want it even if you only get 99p plus p&p. And then no energy has been used for recycling.

brooksby | 3 years ago
1 like

I thought they had to be shipped up to Moonbase Alpha in sealed containers with biohazard warning signs...  I know my used 'technical' stuff does.

Watson_robert replied to brooksby | 3 years ago
0 likes

yeah, they can get pretty minging! ha, was thnking more of a company who might recycle the material. Just don't like thowing clothing in landfill.

jacknorell replied to Watson_robert | 3 years ago
0 likes

Usually completely fixed by using a laundry cleanser product...

jollygoodvelo replied to brooksby | 3 years ago
0 likes

Get some Vanish powder and add a dose to the machine when you're washing your kit.  Works a treat.

Latest Comments