Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Reilly Spectre Advice/Reviews

I'm in the fortunate position to be able to buy a Ti bike - something I have been wanting to do for ages - N+1 forever bike.  I was looking at Ribble (great value but limited customisation and currrently very long wait times), checked out a few other makes that are significantly more expensive and I landed on Reilly, which seem somewhere between the likes of Enigma and Ribble price points.  I'm predominantly road based but want comfort/endurance geometry and space for wide tyres upto 32/35mm with mudguards.  The Reilly Spectre ticks those boxes - just placed the order.  

One thing I've noticed is the lack of reviews online for this model.  I can find a myriad of Gradient reviews but hardly any for the Spectre.  Any owners out there with experience of the Spectre willing to share their views/feedback or any advice on a build? 

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

Robj72 | 2 years ago
0 likes

Thanks all, for the feedback. Sounds like I can't go wrong with this bike.

rcdavies | 2 years ago
0 likes

I have had a Spectre for nearly 2 years and absolutley love it. I bought mine as a winter/wet weather bike but find myself riding it all year around. It's very versatile, I use mine for long road rides but I've also taken it to places off-road that no road bike would dare venture. Mine is setup tubeless and with the natural ride quality of the Ti frame it's a veritable magic carpet. I also went a bit blingy with the frame - 3/4 anodised and 1/4 polished. 

Robj72 replied to rcdavies | 2 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the feedback.  It's good to know I've made a great choice.  I also started looking for a hardy winter hack then I got carried away as I specced it up.  I've opted for some purple Hope components to add a little colour rather anodising the frame.  Purple may not to everybody's taste something I've always liked on bespoke bikes. 
Have to say your build looks really nice!  

Secret_squirrel | 2 years ago
0 likes

I've had a Gradient as my Forever bike since last November.  Can't recommend it highly enough, I thought it was a smidge more versatile than the Spectre but I ummed and aahhed between the 2 for ages.

Spent some time on a sportive in Sept riding along chatting to a Spectre owner - he had nothing but praise for it.

Daveyraveygravey | 2 years ago
0 likes

A colleague of mine bought a Reilly about a year maybe 18 months ago, but I can't remember which model, probably road specific.  He liked it so much, he went and bought another, possibly a Gradient. 

I keep meaning to ask him if I can have a spin on it!

dolly replied to Daveyraveygravey | 2 years ago
0 likes

I have one. Bought a frameset 2 years ago, built with Chorus 11 speed mechanical disc, Hunt wheels, Deda. Pleasingly light and lovely to ride. You won't be disappointed.  

Latest Comments