Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Season Competition

As someone who is resigned to fighting for the minor places, I am thoroughly enjoying the battle at the top between Mountain Renegade and Les Nuls.It is two true heavyweights slugging it out with the lead changing hands virtually every day. It is easily as compulsive as the racing itself!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

25 comments

jollygoodvelo | 2 years ago
0 likes

Congratulations all and as ever thanks from the lurking players for all your efforts.  I totally lost the plot with it after the Vuelta - some might say before - but can't wait for next year which I hope might have a slightly more predictable feel to it!

Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for the kind words all! A great year of cycling again.

Always a pleasure running admin for the game (I think this was my 5th year). I fancy a job in cycling one of these days and this is as close as I can get for now.

11waterloo replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

You have done brilliantly - every starting list done and scores posted faster than we have any right to expect! 

Dr Winston replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

Agreed.... and in a sport where correct information can be quite tricky to keep on top of...in fact more than quite tricky at times. 

Sniffer replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

Andy, thanks for your efforts over the season.

The game provides me a great deal of entertainment (and a bit of frustration).

Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

Well done to Tony again and commiserations to Tricky. The season end this year was great, cycling wise,  and you both added another layer to it. 

Another big personal thank you from me to Andy and the rest of the team. The song remains the same in that I have to spend far too much time indoors as a full time carer and you definitely help fill my days. Thank you... it's appreciated. 

tony kappler | 2 years ago
0 likes

A huge thankyou to Condor Andy for doing most of the work; setting up each comp and scoring.

Congrats to Dr Winston for yet another lesson in purism. (I still don't get it).

And another close year for me thanks to triccky's persistence.

triccky100 replied to tony kappler | 2 years ago
0 likes

well done Tony and thanks to you, Andy and the rest of the team for keeping everything running smoothly, hopefully an (almost) full year of races next year..

Sniffer replied to tony kappler | 2 years ago
0 likes

Congratulations Tony and Triccky.

I always look for Tony's scores after each stage.  He remains the benchmark.

11waterloo | 2 years ago
2 likes

And the winner is...... Mountain Renegade. Congratulations, a true thoroughbred in this game. Well done to Triccky for pushing him so close and leaving the rest of us well behind. Thank you to everyone who runs the game - a thankless task at times. It's been fun and I'll be back next year picking Warren Barguil when you least expect me to!

Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

Sorry for the lack of comments folks. I'm currently residing in a caravan in Weymouth until mid Sept with very dubious internet connection. 

11waterloo | 2 years ago
2 likes

I'm pretty sure that's it for stage racing now, so congratulations to Dr Winston for winning the purist league - AGAIN! By a considerable margin too this year.....remarkable consistency. 

Dr Winston replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
1 like

Thanks 11 Waterloo. A strange season to predict for purist. Last year was a simple case of totting up the likely big pts for all 8 riders in a team and finding which combo would, hopefully, best deliver. So many more unpredictable finishes of stages this year by a distance....a huge distance. Roglic eventually drove consistent big pts for GC  riders at the end of the Vuelta... but the rest of the season was given largely to the breaks. 

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 2 years ago
1 like

We are all good at the theory, it's putting it into practice that is harder and where you have excelled! 

triccky100 replied to Dr Winston | 2 years ago
1 like

Great stuff Dr Winston, smashed it!

Daniel Norton replied to triccky100 | 2 years ago
1 like

Congrats Winston.  Nobody can complain about who won.

I tried so hard to reach the top 3 and fell just short.  Goddamn TdF!  Great fun though.

If I manage to find time to have a crack at the non-purist I have to stop experimenting.  Good luck to the two leaders in the last two races.

0 likes

Holy hell there's only 6 points between Triccky and Tony!

11waterloo replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
1 like

It is closer than most of the races!

Sniffer replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

I think there are two races today that are realy difficult to predict.  Could be one to make a difference?

triccky100 replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
1 like

Its now 4 points! Had a good stage last night in Benelux with Laporte and DVP doing well...

11waterloo replied to triccky100 | 2 years ago
0 likes

Unbelievable stuff, you pair are on fire this year! Shame that the season finishes with a bunch of one dayers, as they rely a bit more on luck than skill (I know that as I am currently 3rd in the Autumn Classic series! ) 

triccky100 replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

yes this could be the end of the run...had some good results in the stage races this year, but never do that well in the one day races....

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

Going down to the wire.

1 like

Must take a look at this after doing the scoring for today!

kaza456 replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

For a long time I rode bicycles I had developed from rescued parts I found at the neighborhood dump. It kept my upkeep abilities up; then, at that point, I discovered I truly loved a few bicycles I set up, particularly a 1983 Bridgestone 400, a mid-evaluated sport-traveler. So no; you needn't bother with a costly bicycle. Be that as it may, I have a costly bicycle now, and it is decent.

Latest Comments