Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Selling a Car - Would you Buy if Dealer Service Was Stopped

Hello all,

Recently bought a Ford Kuga, with Full Service History from a dealer.

However, i am mechanically minded, and can service (and have serviced many cars) my own vehicle. Parts are way cheaper when bought yourself, and labour costs are Zero.

Would you buy a car from someone that's previously had a dealer service history, but now has service proof by receipts of parts?

Is it worth any less if i sold it?
I need reassurance from you guys or a nay, i wouldn't pay as much.

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

Stebbo | 3 years ago
0 likes

Any potential buyer doesn't know if you are mechanically minded or highly skilled. Or even a bodger. But age and brand of car will make the difference. 
If we are talking Porsche or similar, you would be crazy, but it's a Ford and although it may effect resale, not like it would other brands

Mungecrundle | 3 years ago
1 like

If you intend to sell it at some point then a service history is going to add some value, but more than what you save by doing the work yourself? If you intend to keep the car until it becomes uneconomic to maintain, then future value is irrelevant.

Also, and not to be dismissive, but it's a Ford Kuga, not likely a future classic, it will be worth half of bugger all at 10 years or 100,000 miles.

Richard_pics replied to Mungecrundle | 3 years ago
0 likes

How dare you swear about a Kuga!

They are suprisingly still holding thier resale value! 

Nick T | 3 years ago
0 likes

Depends how old the vehicle is. Anything more than 6 or 7 years old, wouldn't bother me much. Different vehicles will be affected more, as they'll attract a different buyer and certain demographics will appreciate the comfort blanket of a FDSH

Latest Comments