Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Specialized allez 2021

Hi

New poster here. Just getting back into biking now the gyms are a bit dodgy

In having an issue with the 2021 specialized allez elite I have just bought.
I have purchased the flinger race pro clip on mudguards and the rear fits ok with a little bending of the metal bridge but it looks like there is no chance with the front as the clearance between front tyre and underside of fork looks about 3 mm.

Has anybody managed to get these mudguards fitted front and back on a bike like this?

Thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

IanEdward | 3 years ago
0 likes

No experience with those mudguards, but the only way I could realistically fit guards to my Allez was to cut the front guard off so it attached at the back of the fork crown without passing under the crown. It leaves the front brake exposed to spray and muck but ultimately doesn't seem to be much of a problem.

You can attached the guard using a Problem Solvers 'Sheldon's Fender Nut' which replaces the nut holding your brake calliper on. The fender nut has a second set of threads which you can thread the mudguard bolt into.

Borann replied to IanEdward | 3 years ago
0 likes

hi

thanks for the reply. yes i did consider just adding the back section of the front  mudguard and leaving the part in front of brake caliper exposed but the bolt that comes with the bike that screws through the back of the fork was too big to fit through the mudguard bridge to hold it in. i will check out the fender nut you mentioned.

cheers

Latest Comments