Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Sram force Axs firmware update issues

Hi all.

I bought a brand new Trek Madone with Sram Force Etap Axs groupset.

I have though problems updating the firmware for the different components.

Right now 2.3.2 is installed and it is able to find the newest firmware version 2.7.3.

I go through the installation steps in the axs-app (iPhone) and it says installation succesfull but after it is still having firmware version 2.3.2. It is the same for Rear Derailleur, front derailleur and left hud. Right hud did somehow get installed.

I have now tried to do the installation process more than 20 times, but same output. I'm stuck with version 2.3.2.

I've reinstalled the app. Deleted the components from the app and re-connected them. Didn't work.

Any suggestions?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

MaggieKay@SRAM | 3 years ago
2 likes

We apologize for the inconvenience, we have resolved this issue and and you will now be able to update to the latest firmware release.

Thank you,

Maggie Kay McBride
SRAM Customer Experience

Maartenv1 replied to MaggieKay@SRAM | 3 years ago
0 likes

Maggie, we have already 2 bikes with the same problem. Update fails over and over again. After every update there is a message that is must be updated. 

Carbonazza replied to MaggieKay@SRAM | 2 years ago
0 likes

Hi Maggie,
The AXS app, at least on the iPhone, isn't working properly lately.
Are you aware of this at SRAM ?

Here are some details: https://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=165746

Sweeny21 | 3 years ago
1 like

I finally managed to get mine to update. I'm not sure if SRAM fixed something or whether the process I followed fixed it, but this is what I did:

- I removed the AXS group from my bike in the app (kept the power meter)  

- force quit the app (iOS)

- remove the battery from the rear derailer and waited 2 minutes before putting it back in. 
- opened the app and connected to the rear derailer

- before adding any of the other components to my bike(in the app) I upgraded the rear derailer and it worked!

- I then upgraded the front derailer. That worked too.  (Note: I did not remove the battery from the front derailer or the shifters)

- next I did the right shifter. That worked too. Then I went to the left shifter and it was already upgraded which must have happened when on its own when I upgraded the right shifter?

hope this helps the rest of you. 

zsitvayb replied to Sweeny21 | 3 years ago
0 likes

I also managed to do the update, however my workaround was using a different phone. This time I tried with an iPhone X, and it was ok, everything went through on the update process. And, yes, I observed the same phenomena with the shifters.

For me what is still strage, that since the update the app doesn't show the battery level of the shifters.

By the way, I can imagine that none of our workaround were the solution, maybe SRAM fixed something under the hood during the night.  1

Sweeny21 replied to zsitvayb | 3 years ago
0 likes

I had the same issue with the shifter battery not showing. But after force closing the app and reopening the shifter battery indicator is working. 

calli replied to Sweeny21 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Thank you so much! Your process helped me to succesfully update my system.

Ncboilermaker | 3 years ago
1 like

Same exact issues with Sram Red AXS. I was able to upgrade the power meter, but that's it. I called Sram and they indicated they had just started to hear about this, and didn't have a resolution yet. I'll keep checking here, and also post if I find a resolution.

zsitvayb | 3 years ago
0 likes

I'm having the same issue. Brand new bike with Force AXS, on the SRAM app the update goes through, but the version remains the same as it was before the update.

Judge dreadful | 3 years ago
1 like

did you 'reboot' the system? You need to cut the power to the system for a couple of minutes, then reconnect and power up, or the updates won't take effect. On my bike I have a magnetic 'interruption bar' which powers the system down ( Campag EPS v4).

zsitvayb replied to Judge dreadful | 3 years ago
0 likes

It would be a bit difficult in case of a SRAM AXS system.  1 Every single part of the system has its own powersource.  1 And to remove the battery from the shifters is not as easy as 1x1, as far as I saw.

Sweeny21 | 3 years ago
0 likes

FWIW the Quark powemeter uodated via the app with not problem but I can't get any of the other four components to upgrade (says the upgrade was successful but it doesn't actually get installed)

Sweeny21 | 3 years ago
0 likes

I have exactly the same issue. Brand new S-Works Roubaix SRAM Red AXS. 
I assume it's an issue with the app? I noticed it was updated a few days ago so perhaps something broke. 

Latest Comments