Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

subscription

Just got the email:

I'm sure that many people will continue but I think that's it for me. 

It's been fun whilst it lasted but I'll play the free games and that's it.

Skiddley

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

15 comments

teckert | 1 year ago
0 likes

Just a query on my subscription.
I just renewed yesterday with the yearly payment, but it says my subscription runs out on the 3rd March 2023.... it only gave me 10 months, not a year?

mdavidford replied to teckert | 1 year ago
0 likes

It's a special deal - 2 months off.

NJA | 2 years ago
2 likes

It will be my fifth year, never got close to winning anything, but it is great fun and excellent value - even at the new price.

Dr Winston replied to NJA | 2 years ago
2 likes

Agreed. 

11waterloo | 2 years ago
1 like

From my perspective, £10 a year was very cheap for the huge number of race days covered and £20 is still a fair price. I think it is a natural reaction to baulk at something doubling in price but, for me, it is money well spent........ Until Magnus Cort decides he's not going to sprint or Marc Soler gets dropped yet again!

Dr Winston | 2 years ago
1 like

Ah... that's a shame Steve, I hope you reconsider. 

I know it's gone up, but, for me, it was the best money I spent all year at the old price and will be the best money I spend this year at the new price.... and you're one of the top players to pit our wits against. 

stevemarks replied to Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

Eight games picked carefully should be enough, maybe I'll come to them fresher!

3 grand tours plus:

Cataluna, Basque,Paris-nice,Tirreno,Romandie,Tour de Suisse or Dauphine?

got to choose 5 from 7

Drop

Romandie and Tour de Suisse?

Dr Winston wrote:

Ah... that's a shame Steve, I hope you reconsider. 

I know it's gone up, but, for me, it was the best money I spent all year at the old price and will be the best money I spend this year at the new price.... and you're one of the top players to pit our wits against. 

STEVESPRO 79 | 2 years ago
1 like

I have not received an e-mail......Whats it about..

runaroundsioux replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 2 years ago
0 likes

Premium renwal increase has virtually doubled this year. I made the decision to renew, but not without a fair amount of consideration.

STEVESPRO 79 replied to runaroundsioux | 2 years ago
0 likes

Thanks for that info runaround... I have been playing for 10 years now and it seems that we have to keep paying more for less and less imput from the games owners. Volunteers update the scores etc. I will pay and carry on but it would be nice to have the odd incentive along the way. Surely with such a price increase it would not be too much to ask for prizes now and again, especially for the 3 Grand Tours.... Come on Dave, back up our support...

stevemarks replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 2 years ago
1 like

Like you Steve I've been here a long time I remember winning prizes for stages and all sorts. There were bikes up for winning Grand Tours and prizes for podiums, but now its all rather meh! The game doesn't serve it's purpose for me as It doesn't attract me into the website but I'm guessing thats not my fault. I'm researching other fantasy games. Loved being a premium member over the years but I think if I pay less attention to the game maybe I'll get more of my life back, perhaps I'll even get out on my bike and ride more!

Dr Winston replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 2 years ago
0 likes

Yeah... can't disagree with that. Free membership for next year for winning a GT would seem an easy prize to offer.... along with winning the standard or purist game. 

Sniffer replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 2 years ago
0 likes

Just renewed.  Didn't have any ads until I renewed.  Now I have them.  Logged out and back in again to see if it helps, but stuck with them.

Something needing a kick?

Jack Sexty replied to Sniffer | 2 years ago
1 like

Hi, are you still seeing ads? I can see your account says you're a supporter so you shouldn't be, email us at info [at] road.cc if you're having problems. Apologies!

Sniffer replied to Jack Sexty | 2 years ago
1 like

I was, but they are gone now so all good.  If they reappear I will EM. Thanks Jack.

Latest Comments