Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de Pologne

Putting this together now. Always some confusion over sprints vs points competition vs combativity based on what they call certain things. I'll add this to the competition notes, but KOM points and intermediate sprint points will be scored as usual with the 'points jersey' scored as per finish line points, and 'sprints jersey' scored as the most active rider standings. It's the latter that takes the intermediate points into account. There is no combativity prize, it's always just seemed like that because of what they call the 'most active rider' competition.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

13 comments

Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

Whoa that was close! My best ever finish in a tour and 4 points off first! Hell of a fight boys and girls.

11waterloo replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

It is surprisingly stressful once you get to the pointy end of a race! Like you, I have been close but never brought home a stage race..... Gives us something to aim for! Great effort though!

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

Oooh.... unlucky. 

Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

Seven transfers left with two stages to go...not sure I've been in this position before. 

Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

Another deadline missed today. Mixed feelings because I was going to go with Bauhaus and Hodeg back in. Bauhaus did as expected whilst Hodeg bombed a bit. 

I've missed a lot this summer. 

Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

Vendrame definitely gone backwards this year. He was reasonable in both sprinting and climbing for a while, not a winner but definitely a pick for us....this course would have been right up his street a couple of years ago. Strange how some riders just slide away. 

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 2 years ago
1 like

And just when you give up on him.......! I've got the same feeling about Garcia Cortina, seems to be  neither a sprinter or a puncheur currently.

Dr Winston replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

I kept him for one more time.... but I did ditch Cortina. 

Get those kind of riders right and it's really nice tick over points with no transfers. The problem seems to be because they're neither one thing or the other they tend to be quick to disappear.... I suppose it only takes a minor dip in form, or confidence, for them to fall out of the top twenty.

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

They are 'niche' riders. The finish has to be perfect for them or they fall foul of the proper sprinters or proper climbers. This race is a bit easier to call as the hills aren't too demanding and the sprints are mostly tough ones, so riders like Ulissi and Mohoric are good for most stages. Hasn't stopped me from getting it wrong a few times though!

11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

I wish to report a robbery..... 5 points have been stolen from Dylan Teuns!

Condor Andy replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

They were in a ghost column to the right!

11waterloo replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

Phew! Thanks for sorting!

Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

Nice user friendly pricing for this one. Goodo.

Latest Comments