Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de Suisse

The start list still isn't complete, but I'll keep my eyes on it today. Hopefully ISN, Cofidis, and Intermarche get their acts together soon.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

54 comments

Aragonite | 2 years ago
0 likes

It's a lot like swimming against the current, trying to compete when I can rarely get online on a morning.  Todays setback, Alaphilippe is a DNS. Never mind onward and hopefully upwards, somethings have to take a precedent over fantasy cycling.

Condor Andy replied to Aragonite | 2 years ago
0 likes

Alaphilippe is riding today, going home tonight.

Aragonite replied to Condor Andy | 2 years ago
0 likes

Wondering why so many transferred him out then?

11waterloo replied to Aragonite | 2 years ago
0 likes

The talk this morning was him not starting today so I removed him. Became clear after the deadline that something was lost in translation and he is stopping tonight..... just cost me about 40 points as I brought Dennis in to replace him (the irony being that if I'd left Alaphilippe in as planned I couldn't afford Dennis so would have dodged the Dennis misfire) Sometimes, less time trawling the internet is a good thing! 

Aragonite replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

So is he definitely not riding Sunday? I'm going to watch the cycling later tonight, hard life I have, trying to fit in three football matches, and four cycling tours in one day is tough.  1

11waterloo replied to Aragonite | 2 years ago
0 likes

Not sure it's definite but I'll be even more annoyed if he starts tomorrow! It is difficult to fit in all the cycling and football currently but I'm doing a decent job of it.

Aragonite replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

Cyclingnews reporting that he has left the race to be at the birth of his first child.

Sniffer replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

The danger of a Danish translation of a Belgian newspaper column? I looked for confirmation elsewhere and couldn't find it. Had already done my transfers so stuck with Ala. Did take on the Dennis misfire. Had a thought that Dumoulin was a good bet, but couldn't fit him in.

triccky100 replied to Aragonite | 2 years ago
0 likes

Yep fell for that as well. I was not sure but saw he was removed from the betting just before start, was good enough for me! I changed him for Cattaneo, so not a complete disaster...

Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

Head blown.

I was all set to do Woods and Mader > Dennis and Pozzovivo this morning....then panicked when I saw Alaphilippe may not be starting so ended up doing Woods and Mader > Catanneo and Kung for god only knows what reason reason and kept Alaphilippe.

WTF....Where did that TT come from for Mader and why do I still have Alaphilippe....

11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

Any one else tempted to bring Mannion in today? 3 mill and plenty of mountain points on offer. Looks ok in an uphill TT as well.....in the  end a shortage of transfers dissuaded me. I will be following opening climb very nervously now!

Daniel Norton replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes

My wildcard is Vuillermoz.  I should have saved the transfer for Dennis really but the teams are all too similar I suspect.

Alaphillippe on the attack!  Straight out of the Van der Poel playbook.  Unpredictable cycling is entertaining but a nightmare for fantasy cycling managers.

If I was Inios I'd have Dennis in the break today and surprise everyone.  I guess that's why they win GTs and I'm drinking coffee and getting distracted from work by the cyclingnews ticker.  1

11waterloo replied to Daniel Norton | 2 years ago
0 likes

OK,  Alaphilippe has rendered any plan redundant! 

Dr Winston | 2 years ago
1 like

Got to love Rigoberto coming good again....something very likeable about him. 

Daniel Norton replied to Dr Winston | 2 years ago
0 likes

I'm still tempted to leave Rigo out and Poels and Benoot in today.  The finish today does suit them both better and either could be allowed in the break. However, it is six points and a potential good finish down the toilet if I wait until tomorrow to put Rigo in if they both let me down again.

I knew Poels was turning into the new "Soler" but it is getting so annoying.

Procrastination or what.  Not long until the deadline!

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 2 years ago
1 like

I also like that he auto translates to Uranium in the Feltet previews! 

Daniel Norton replied to 11waterloo | 2 years ago
0 likes