Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de Suisse

Only 5 teams confirmed, but a full start list. I'll push live at the end of the morning tomorrow. Here is the start list to keep you up to date: https://www.procyclingstats.com/race/tour-de-suisse/2022/gc/startlist/st...

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

79 comments

Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

Missed the race today due to being busy visiting relatives. I left them after first looking at Pro cycling stats live ticker with a couple of kilometers to go. It showed Pinot, Lutsenko and Izagirre looking like they had a nailed on 1-2-3 at the finish for me. What happened to Izagirre?

Daniel Norton replied to Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

Izagirre  attacked on his own for at least 4km, but went into the red and dropped back.  At first, he looked set to take the win...

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

I was similarly puzzled by that as I was following on PCS live stats. Had Izagirre & thought he was guaranteed top 3 but then he vanished off the radar! Even better, I took him out today as I assumed he'd roll round having exploded yesterday & now it looks like he'll score well. Dithered between replacing him with van Baarle or van Wilder & of course I picked van Wilder!!! That's when you know it's really not your race!

Daniel Norton replied to 11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

Flaming crashes.  Nailed it today, apart from the crash.

11waterloo replied to Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
0 likes

I was due a stinker of a race & this was it!

Dr Winston replied to Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
0 likes

what crash?

Daniel Norton replied to Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

Dr Winston wrote:

what crash?

Van Wilder was about to post a good time (would prob have been 4th/5th) and crashed into the barriers.

Sniffer replied to Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
0 likes

Dropping Martinez for Van Wilder wasn't my best decision.

At least he got the team mate bonus.

11waterloo replied to Sniffer | 1 year ago
0 likes

We've all done it. There is no greater motivation for any rider than taking him out of your team.

Dr Winston replied to Daniel Norton | 1 year ago
0 likes

He looks like a real contender on that TT bike. The race was paticularly cruel to the TT... We lost the chance to see probably the best line up of the year.. Arensman, Dennis, Vlasov, Bissegger, Asgreen, SKA, Yates(maybe)... amongst other that didn't get that far and that could have been added to the startlist. Shame.

Dr Winston replied to 11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

He was an option but i couldn't wait for the line ups... i was in a right old rush this morning so made a bit of a bllx of my choices anyway.

The lads took me to Lytham classic car show for Fathers day... it seemed a bit rude to tell them to wait while i did my team. It wa sgreat btw... a bit of a trudge for you around the estuary but well worth it for next year. Very, very well attended.

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 1 year ago
0 likes

I have been a bit like that with my selections last few days as travelling back from France. Had to go a bit early today as driving to Rotterdam for ferry! Home today though & will enjoy my Father's Day bottle of wine, presented to me in the queue for the ferry!

11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

Just noticed how rubbish the KoM points are for this race. Left Simmons in assuming (correctly) that he would go after first HC climb. However only five riders score points on an HC climb in TdS which seems pretty mean & more to the point, only 5 points in the game! Should have done my homework better as I assumed it would likely be 10 riders scoring on an HC (& therefore 10 points for first over the top).

Sniffer replied to 11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

With fourth on the stage, those of us with Simmons have done OK.

0 likes

Yes, I'll not moan too much! Assumed he'd coast up last climb so he could have an early dart up the first two hills tomorrow.

0 likes

Yes, I noticed that earlier in the race when Simmons only got the same number of points for a Cat 1 as a Cat 2 climb.  Really tight though not getting any more for Hors cat climbs.  Anomaly only having 5 scoring riders for all three categories.  The whole race has been a bit odd with heat, COVID, strange scores for mountains...

Condor Andy | 1 year ago
0 likes

A lot of DNS from Covid positives and heat stroke this morning. I'm just catching up and updating the start list.

Of course I made my subs yesterday, because I'm a moron.

Sniffer replied to Condor Andy | 1 year ago
0 likes

Making panic decisions.  Need to be in a work meeting, thinking of hiding under the desk. 

Some teams yet to declare?

Condor Andy replied to Sniffer | 1 year ago
0 likes

Still a while to the stage start and the Tour de Suisse is due to make a statement. So we haven't heard the end of this for sure.

Daniel Norton replied to Condor Andy | 1 year ago
0 likes

They might pull the plug on the rest of the race.  If I was a team manager, I'd get any rider likely to ride TdF out of there.

0 likes

I was in a panic too as had got it all worked out last night. With a cooler head I would have brought Schachmann in but forgot about him because I had Vlasov/Higuita embedded for whole race and Vlasov pulling out didn't trigger anything in my jumbled brain! Was never going to do well in this race anyway so hey ho.

1 like

Wanted Champousson but decided to save 3 transfers for tomorrow instead. Guaranteed win with max mountain points for Champousson. This has to qualify for the strangest race in years....

Sniffer replied to 11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

I  didn't bring in Schachmann either.

Was trying to work out the team tactics today, who has enough riders to chase etc.  Bora could be all in for Higuita now.

I leave early tomorrow for a long ride.  Not sure how I am going to manage if tomorrow is anything like today.

0 likes

I've got to drive back from France so similar but less healthy issues! 

Condor Andy replied to Condor Andy | 1 year ago
2 likes

The teams have agreed and the race goes ahead. I've updated the start list and I'll keep my eye on things this morning. Deadline in 20.

stevemarks replied to Condor Andy | 1 year ago
1 like

two riders left in purist, do I get a special prize if I end at zero?

Condor Andy wrote:

A lot of DNS from Covid positives and heat stroke this morning. I'm just catching up and updating the start list.

Of course I made my subs yesterday, because I'm a moron.

Condor Andy replied to stevemarks | 1 year ago
1 like

You will win my respect and admiration.

11waterloo | 1 year ago
0 likes

If you thought yesterday was bad.......

Condor Andy | 1 year ago
0 likes

Scores will be on later tonight. Headed out to work and the results are still provisional. Won't be too late though.

Dr Winston replied to Condor Andy | 1 year ago
0 likes

Terrible day for me. Had i done more transfers than just bringing in Higuita it would definitely have been Yates, Kuss and Fuglsang... in that order... but wouldn't actually got as far as Fuglsang until tomorrow. So i ended up with a crap day instead of a crap day.

Pages

Latest Comments