Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Trolls

Why doesn't some compile a list of known 'trolls' on road.cc?  Especially given the apparent proliferation of the same.

(Just for reference purposes, obviously...)

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

19 comments

peted76 | 2 years ago
4 likes

For those of us with 3 second memories, a trolling post will always be a surprise, a list would help, however I'd probably forget it existed.

If we do determine a list ... can I request that anyone who brings party politics or team sky bashing into a discussion at any given inappropriate opportunity be ushered to the top of said list. It''s getting really boring to see...

Man gets bike stolen = That's the tories for you.

Team Ineos sign Pog and Rog to do domestique duties = How can anyone support cheats who support green washing.

(...you get the idea)

Awavey replied to peted76 | 2 years ago
0 likes

Though I fear hell has a better chance of freezing over before that happens

Bungle_52 | 2 years ago
6 likes

If you think the comment is made as a genuine belief then engage if you disagree. If you think it's just trying to provoke a response ignore it. Either way being rude doesn't help any one.

Flintshire Boy replied to Bungle_52 | 2 years ago
0 likes

You're quite right.

But expect to be shot down on Road.cc, though! No dissenting views welcome here.

Steve K replied to Flintshire Boy | 2 years ago
3 likes

Except he posted that a day ago, and no-one has shot him down.

mdavidford replied to Steve K | 2 years ago
5 likes

They tried to, but their aim was poor and they ended up liking it 5 times instead.

Hirsute replied to Flintshire Boy | 2 years ago
2 likes

Are you putting in a bid for the category of WUM or Troll?

Anyone who has read anything in the last week will know there are a variety of views expressed.

Anyone who is a WUM/Contrarian/CT Nutter or just fact free will be shot down.

Steve K replied to Hirsute | 2 years ago
0 likes

hirsute wrote:

Are you putting in a bid for the category of WUM or Troll?

Anyone who has read anything in the last week will know there are a variety of views expressed.

Anyone who is a WUM/Contrarian/CT Nutter or just fact free will be shot down.

I just had to google what WUM meant.  I also found out a rather different definition 

Hirsute replied to Steve K | 2 years ago
1 like

Blimey, I didn't realise there was more than 1 ! I am not looking it up !!

Mungecrundle | 2 years ago
2 likes

But a good troll can provoke discussion and sharpen argument. Often they espouse views which we know are genuinely held by some members of the public and encouraged by professional mischief makers with access to mainstream media.

I'm not totally convinced that there aren't some shill accounts run by the editors to stir up activity amongst the denizens of the site.

Hirsute replied to Mungecrundle | 2 years ago
3 likes

Let me know when you find one !

Tom_77 replied to Mungecrundle | 2 years ago
1 like

Trolls are by definition disruptive, so I don't think there is such a thing as a Good Troll.

Steve K | 2 years ago
3 likes

The advice to ignore them is clearly right, but surprisingly hard (for me at least!) to follow.  They really do annoy me.  There are four places on the internet where I waste too much time (here, a Crystal Palace bulletin board, twitter and facebook).  If I want to be told that things are always cyclists' fault I can go on the other three places; I come here for a break from that and, hopefully, to interact with like minded people.

quiff replied to Steve K | 2 years ago
0 likes

So would you like us to start blaming Palace fans, is that how it works? A kind of circular economy?  3

Hirsute | 2 years ago
4 likes

We should all know who they are by now.

If I see a relatively new person try and have a reasoned interaction, I do advise them on who they are dealing with. What they do next is up to them.

However I wish the mods would be more proactive about cyclistformerlyknownas BTBS and CIBM and his covid CT nutter dangerous posts.

hawkinspeter | 2 years ago
4 likes

I think we're better off just ignoring them as they crave the attention.

wycombewheeler replied to hawkinspeter | 2 years ago
2 likes

hawkinspeter wrote:

I think it's clear that the squirrel in that image is craving attention the most. 

hawkinspeter replied to wycombewheeler | 2 years ago
2 likes

wycombewheeler wrote:

I think it's clear that the squirrel in that image is craving attention the most. 

Well, with that hairstyle, can you blame it?

mdavidford replied to wycombewheeler | 2 years ago
4 likes

wycombewheeler wrote:

hawkinspeter wrote:

Well fair play - balancing on its tail like that is impressive.

Latest Comments