Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Ultegra Disc Rotors on 105 caliper mount - Possible?

Hi, I have a 105 hydraulic group set and having my wheelset upgraded would love to keep the current wheels as my second set with the rotors and cassete on them. However I found that the Ultegra rotors are really good looking and have the ICE-Tech brake pads which combined provide superior breaking performance. My question is, can I fit the Rotors & The pads on the 105 hydraulic disc calipers, or can I fit only the rotors, or none?

Thanks!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

Yorky-M | 3 years ago
1 like

ALL shimano interchangable.

mike the bike | 3 years ago
1 like

Of course you can fit them, but why would you bring such disgrace upon yourself? You see, your local groupset police will surely sniff out your transgression, probably from about a hundred metres distant and report you to the relevant authorities. Penalties can include compulsory wearing of really long socks and fitting a side-stand to your racing bike. Think on sir!

420bikes replied to mike the bike | 3 years ago
0 likes

they got me, im using dura ace discs on my 105 rear and my rs785 front calipers. also told me off for having flat pedals!

I do like how the ultegra discs look though, would match my hubs nicely if they were ever in stock whenever im buying new rotors

Welsh boy replied to mike the bike | 3 years ago
0 likes

No hope for me then, Ultegra (rim) calipers with SRAM levers.  Will I rot in hell for all eternity?  Talking of long socks, I can almost forgive that American chap for most of his crimes but the one thing I cannot forgive him for is making long(ish) and black socks acceptable.

420bikes replied to Welsh boy | 3 years ago
0 likes

Sometimes I wear long socks. Up to mid calf, but generally I stick to quarter calf and a multitude of colours (black or white, sometimes gray) lol

viktorapo replied to mike the bike | 3 years ago
0 likes
mike the bike wrote:

Of course you can fit them, but why would you bring such disgrace upon yourself? You see, your local groupset police will surely sniff out your transgression, probably from about a hundred metres distant and report you to the relevant authorities. Penalties can include compulsory wearing of really long socks and fitting a side-stand to your racing bike. Think on sir!

Yeah I know, but kinda dont care. Breaking would be better and looks would be nicer

Inder | 3 years ago
1 like

Both Ultegra pads and rotors should be fine with your 105 calipers.

Latest Comments