Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Update from the Police

Done yet another submission on the Nextbase Portal for the local Humberside Police regarding another dangerous close pass.

So far never received any update on them

I have asked them on Twitter how I can ask for an update to be told they won't give any updates.

Having seen plenty of CPOTD where people have got updates after requesting them to there local Police

Any ideas what the best way would be get an update? I'm sick of getting nothing back from them, thinking they are not even bothering to watch the footage

Phill

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

6 comments

pjs_hull | 1 year ago
2 likes

Thanks guys, I'm gonna give it a week then pester the hell out of them

When I have rang 101 in the past and reported it they have been helpful, it just seems using the portal is an excuse to not follow anything up

wtjs replied to pjs_hull | 1 year ago
0 likes

When I have rang 101 in the past and reported it they have been helpful

I don't know anything about your police, but my (jaundiced) guess is that was them pretending to be helpful to fob you off. The currency in these transactions is actual action against offenders, not promises or hints of action some time in the future. If they won't tell you, it means they haven't done anything

wtjs | 1 year ago
2 likes

Any ideas what the best way would be get an update? I'm sick of getting nothing back from them, thinking they are not even bothering to watch the footage

Welcome to world of the Bad Cops. All you can do is collect evidence, and then put it on YouTube. The Bad Cops will ignore it. It's a long hard struggle, but it could be worse: you could live in Lancashire, the Land of Bent Police. Today I immediately recognised Transit lorry HY66 ZZB when it passed me, on this occasion not an offence. Look it up...no VED since 4.6.19. This below was on 9.3.22, 3 days after the driver close-passed me at 45 in a 30 limit when I got around to submitting the report. The police took no action about anything, claiming they couldn't read the plate although I saw it and reported it, and that DVLA is unreliable 'because it's not updated as often as the PNC' (people who don't live here can have no conception of the complete-crapness of Lancashire Constabulary!- the image just needs lightening. They insist on only receiving the unadulterated original footage as it comes out of the camera). It's a haven here for people with no MOT, no VED, neither. There is no means of complaining when the police perform the judging of themselves, and even I, with all my experience, am sickened by the corruption of the police here

hawkinspeter | 1 year ago
4 likes

Maybe raise a complaint about them denying you your victim rights to get an update (https://www.gov.uk/your-rights-after-crime). They'll probably argue that you're not a victim, but they're wrong and you can argue that you felt significant fear from the incident and are clearly a victim of poor driving.

HoarseMann | 1 year ago
3 likes

I can understand not being told the outcome when you are just a bystander and witness a traffic law infringement, such as dashcam footage of a car ahead of you going through a red light.

But when you've been directly threatened by the illegal actions of the driver, then you are a victim. There is a victims code that the police are supposed to follow, that gives victims the right to know outcomes.

You could complain that this is not being adhered to.

https://www.college.police.uk/guidance/victims-code/victims-rights-policing

pjs_hull | 1 year ago
3 likes

Clip from the video

Latest Comments