Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

When does tour de france fantasy starts?

Can't see Tour De France fantasy..

when does it start?

theres only a week till it begin, and it would be nice to start picking the riders😊

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

ktache | 3 years ago
0 likes

How's Alaphilippe's form?  He lit up last years TdF for me.

Dr Winston replied to ktache | 3 years ago
1 like

ktache wrote:

How's Alaphilippe's form?  He lit up last years TdF for me.

Quite hard to know how the form is for many riders, and I include Alaphillipe in that. A few seem to have come out of lockdown with all guns blazing, but not many, far more are just making noises about building up fitness. Just on that fitness thing...I was looking up Mike Teunissen's form earlier...he's only raced one day all year....crikey.

11waterloo replied to Dr Winston | 3 years ago
1 like

I thought Alaphilippe was starting to look a bit more like his normal self towards the end of the Dauphiné. I don't think he will have serious GC ambitions this time round, more his normal stage hunting Tour, but we all thought that last year!  Another interesting thought is whether the GC riders will try and get into yellow earlier than normal just in case the race gets truncated a la Paris-Nice. So much to mull over....mustn't forget to actually enjoy the racing!

Dr Winston replied to 11waterloo | 3 years ago
1 like

Really hard to make a proper judgment though, Waterloo. Since lockdown, which is in effect another season from the earlier races, he's raced only eight days....compared to 38 building up to last years TDF over a prolonged period. It's gonna be a great race but  for certain I think the condition of many riders may be a big factor over a full three weeks. He may be in better condition than many for all we know....and maybe a few favourites for the Tour not really as good as they'd like to be. 

Latest Comments