Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Which HRM sensor - polar h10 or the cheaper H9

Hi guys,

I am just not sure which to go for and if the h10 is worth the extra 20 quid.

I will be using it to connect to my wattbike and will be used for zone training at least 4 days/week 

I also heard the a new polar chest  HRM should be coming soon as the h10 is 3 years old?

cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

1 comments

bobbinogs | 3 years ago
0 likes

Personally, I think that HR is one of those things that have become over complicated just because it is technically possible to do so...along with increasing the price. Just list the features that you must have and then which ones you would like to have and I reckon it would be a small list. I used the basic Garmin HRM for years and it ticked all the boxes on my list for about £25. The strap finally died this year so I replaced it with a Wahoo Tickr for £40. It is comfortable, light, good battery life and tells me my HR reliably via my Garmin 500. It seems to offer a few more features via a Wahoo GPS device but I don't have one and don't need them.
My point is, don't overthink it 🙂

Latest Comments