Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Would you be on Golgafrinchan Ark Fleet Ship A or B?

Depressing, isn't it?

Even though I have customers and am good at my job, etc etc, I'm gradually realising that as far as the Govt and People are concerned, I would have a paid-up ticket for Ship B.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

jaymack | 4 years ago
1 like

I'd happily crash land on primordial earth with Ark B, at least the telephones would be clean.

hawkinspeter replied to jaymack | 4 years ago
1 like
jaymack wrote:

I'd happily crash land on primordial earth with Ark B, at least the telephones would be clean.

Especially seeing that Arks A and C got wiped out by a disease contracted from a dirty phone. Douglas Adams should be rebranded as a prophet.

brooksby replied to hawkinspeter | 4 years ago
1 like

You mean he isn't?

hawkinspeter replied to brooksby | 4 years ago
0 likes
brooksby wrote:

You mean he isn't?

Well, I haven't heard much from him recently.

Richard D replied to hawkinspeter | 4 years ago
1 like

Of course he was a prophet.  Wikipedia, smart phones, viruses spread by dirty office equipment.  He also understood the human condition as well as Shakespeare - the wearing of digital watches and movement of money as a facsimile of happiness, for example.

hawkinspeter replied to Richard D | 4 years ago
0 likes

Richard D wrote:

Of course he was a prophet.  Wikipedia, smart phones, viruses spread by dirty office equipment.  He also understood the human condition as well as Shakespeare - the wearing of digital watches and movement of money as a facsimile of happiness, for example.

I particularly like his prediction of Trump:

Quote:

The President in particular is very much a figurehead — he wields no real power whatsoever. He is apparently chosen by the government, but the qualities he is required to display are not those of leadership but those of finely judged outrage. For this reason the President is always a controversial choice, always an infuriating but fascinating character. His job is not to wield power but to draw attention away from it. On those criteria Zaphod Beeblebrox is one of the most successful Presidents the Galaxy has ever had — he has already spent two of his ten presidential years in prison for fraud.

ktache | 4 years ago
0 likes

It was only when the government lowered the wage requirements from £30K when describing what was a "skilled" worker (when considering applicants for immigration) that I could finally consider myself as "skilled" even with a relavent degree and over 20 years of lab bench experience.

Latest Comments