Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Yet another silly flat mount caliper/post mount frame query

Hey all,
So, I'm currently planning a bike build and it's a bit of a weird one that will see me using a post-mount fork with a flat mount caliper.
I'm aware of the adapter from AS Solutions and I'm pretty damn sure it'll fit fine. My question is simply to ask if before I drop £27 on getting it from Canada if any other options have appeared on the market?
Google hasn't turned up any options other than one from Germany that's even more pricy, so if anyone with more obscure knowledge than mine knows if others have made them it would be hugely appreciated.
Many thanks

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

mike the bike | 3 years ago
2 likes

Jesus CMCG, you are skating on thin ice here.  The fact is you are not allowed to do this; the disc brake police will be down on you like a ton of bricks.  Don't say I didn't warn you.

Recoveryride | 3 years ago
0 likes

Not much expertise here, but would these not work? £15 and in the UK

https://www.merlincycles.com/shimano-disc-adaptor-post-to-flat-mount-992...

cmcg867 replied to Recoveryride | 3 years ago
0 likes

Wrong way around sadly! That's for bolting a post mount caliper to a flat mount fork, adapters for that way are fairly common. I need to go the other way; PM fork, FM caliper... 😬

wycombewheeler replied to cmcg867 | 3 years ago
0 likes

Why not just get a post mount caliper which look better? Can do you a good deal on a purple hope shimano compatible job

cmcg867 replied to wycombewheeler | 3 years ago
0 likes

Cheaper to adapt than to swap in a new caliper, and keeps both using the same brake pads is the thinking. They're the Force AXS levers, so sadly couldn't take you up on your offer and the the only AXS calipers in post mount are Red at £100 a pop!

Latest Comments