Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour Suisse 2015

I received an email saying "Tour de Suisse starts in 2 days" but i cant find the competition opened yet....

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

43 comments

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

To Sagan or not to Sagan...  45 That (!) is the question...  45 I never posted the BPPT for the Tour de Suisse, but here it is, why now? you ask?  39 Because the same question will be asked for the TDF, should he be on the Purist Team?... The answer for the TDS was a resounding yes! Here's the BPPT for the Tour de Suisse...  45

40.0 Peter Sagan
33.6 Tom Dumoulin
28.0 Geraint Thomas
21.9 Thibaut Pinot
9.6 Steve Morabito
7.5 Miguel Angel Lopez
6.3 Stefan Denifl
3.0 Luka Pibernik

1163 points
149.9 credits

Incredibly, this team would have beat ALL Standard team entered! Dux89's team, VeloHuman.com Pro Cycling had 1127 points in the Standard Competition. This team would have come in No. 1, without making a single transfer in all the competiton!  1

Sagan, Dumoulin and Thomas...  45 Hmmm...  39 Cobbles, uphill sprints and a TT in the 1st week of the Tour... Hmmm...  39 Nah... the BPPT for the TDF will be chock full of climbers!  1 But isnt this a nice inspiration for the 1st week of the Tour?... Maybe add T. Martin or Cancellara to the mix?...  1

Allan Bremner | 8 years ago
0 likes

Tony is correct. The deadline was changed yesterday without any notice. I logged on about 9.45am yesterday and there was over 2 hour to go. I logged on 28 minutes later and there was 2 minutes to go! I managed to make 4 transfers in that time but had been planning to make 6. Also, I went back to the game a few minutes later and put Spilak into my team for stage 5 as I thought the deadline was back to normal and it had been just a blip. Turns out that Road.cc stage 5 is actually stage 6 in the Tour de Suisse.

enrique replied to Allan Bremner | 8 years ago
0 likes
Allan Bremner wrote:

... Turns out that Road.cc stage 5 is actually stage 6 in the Tour de Suisse.

Wow... you're right... whoever set this up didn't count the opening prologue as Stage 1!...  39

On another note, take a look at the fight between Dux and Gman! They've been trading blows the last couple of days!  1

tony kappler | 8 years ago
0 likes

Issue of bringing forward deadline. TdSw stage 5 (stg 4 in road.cc)

Dave,
What's happening?

I'm sure when I logged out yesterday I had over 4 hrs to deadline; when I logged back in two and a half hours later (about 20 mins after race start time I later worked out), the window had closed. This is backed up by triccky100's comment "According to Steephill.tv this stage will start early, 1 hour 40 minutes before the deadline." So the deadline must have been moved forward.

This has severely disadvantaged myself (and presumably others) who were making late changes. Unfortunately it was a critical stage. The only fair thing would be to neutralise the stage (as per last year's Chongming Island), and give all players who made transfers, an extra (say) 6 transfers.

We rely on the transfer window time to be correct. Do we all have to check race start time for every stage now? I notice some confusion in times for UK players in the forum; how much harder is it on the other side of the world where we are not familiar with CET, daylight saving, etc and most of us haven't even seen Greenwich.

Obviously the deadline must be before race start. We need a firm policy which states something like, "If the deadline is moved forward within 24 hrs of that deadline, the stage will be neutralised, and transfers for that stage refunded".

For your consideration,
Cheers

livestrongnick | 8 years ago
0 likes

Deadline was 9:15am which because of the time stamp issue was actually 10:15am. Race started 10:20am so deadline was ok in my eye.  26

backflipbedlem replied to livestrongnick | 8 years ago
0 likes
livestrongnick wrote:

Deadline was 9:15am which because of the time stamp issue was actually 10:15am. Race started 10:20am so deadline was ok in my eye.  26

Doh, I pressed confirm team at 10:16, think Sagan is my most climby rider today, lol

0 likes

Has deadline for today's stage changed to an earlier time? Was just about to change team. Will this be neutralised like Chongming Island last year?

backflipbedlem | 8 years ago
0 likes

Whats happened to the deadline, was just about to press confirm!!!!!

dave atkinson | 8 years ago
0 likes

we seem to have some kind of issue with TDS, looking into it

VVV73 | 8 years ago
0 likes

What a joke cant even pick javier moreno

triccky100 | 8 years ago
0 likes

According to Steephill.tv this stage will start early, 1 hour 40 minutes before the deadline.

0 likes

TER,
As I noted earlier, points for the TdS purist stages are being added to the overall season competition score instead of the overall purist competition score.

dave atkinson replied to tony kappler | 8 years ago
0 likes
tony kappler wrote:

TER,
As I noted earlier, points for the TdS purist stages are being added to the overall season competition score instead of the overall purist competition score.

i'll look into that, cheers for spotting

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

It's here TER.

Prologue: None
St2: Meyer
St3: Denifl

See attachment of where to find it. Dropdown TDS2015/Ergebnisse

dc04dc | 8 years ago
0 likes

To be clear -- when I wrote earlier about the deadline for Stage 4, I was talking about the stage that starts about five hours from now. The game seems to call it Stage 3, although it's Stage 4 elsewhere.

dc04dc | 8 years ago
0 likes

I'm usually confused by time zones, but it looks to me like the deadline for Stage 4 is 50 minutes after the race starts. Am I wrong? If I'm right, I don't plan to make transfers after it starts, and I hope no one else does.

triccky100 replied to dc04dc | 8 years ago
0 likes
dc04dc wrote:

I'm usually confused by time zones, but it looks to me like the deadline for Stage 4 is 50 minutes after the race starts. Am I wrong? If I'm right, I don't plan to make transfers after it starts, and I hope no one else does.

yep noticed the same thing....

Joelsim replied to dc04dc | 8 years ago
0 likes
dc04dc wrote:

It is. The clock on this game is an hour out so 12 midday is actually 1pm UK time. The race starts at 12:10pm UK time.

I pointed this out on a thread the other day.

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

Shouldn't Denifl have got most aggressive/combative rider 10 points today?

TERatcliffe26 replied to Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

I don't have any info for combative rider so I haven't awarded it on any stage

Joelsim replied to TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
Joelsim wrote:

It's on the official website TER

TERatcliffe26 replied to Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:
Joelsim wrote:

It's on the official website TER

Will update everything later as i need to update all the stages anyway as they were missing points jersey overall as i didnt have that info at the time

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

It's worrying that my Purist team (which is full of sprint talent) is outperforming my standard team (and we haven't had any sprint stages yet).

triccky100 replied to Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes
Joelsim wrote:

It's worrying that my Purist team (which is full of sprint talent) is outperforming my standard team (and we haven't had any sprint stages yet).

know what you mean, I can't read this tour, I have a mix of GC and sprint in both teams, purist doing OK but standard well off the pace. Surely the sprinters will have their turn today? Not sure if it is a day for Cav, thinking Sagan or Kristoff...

JAndrewHill | 8 years ago
0 likes

and guess who transferred out Durasek before stage 1....aaaggghhhh

enrique replied to JAndrewHill | 8 years ago
0 likes
JAndrewHill wrote:

... guess who transferred out Durasek before stage 1?....

Why? who'd you bring for him?...  39

0 likes

The Tour de Suisse purist stage 1 score has been added to the overall season competition score instead of the overall purist competition score.

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Today's 'Perfect Team'

33.6 Tom Dumoulin
27.5 Fabian Cancellara
21.8 Ion Izaguirre
21.5 Matthias Brandle
13.7 Cameron Meyer
12.7 Jerome Coppel
9.6 Steve Morabito
8.7 Johannes Frohlinger

149.1 credits

It would have yielded 241 points.  1

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

I think you have the wrong King active in the game start list... I think it should be Benjamin King, not Edward...

Stumps | 8 years ago
0 likes

My all Swiss purist started with 2,5,12,16 It will probably go downhill from there lol.

Pages

Latest Comments