Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fantasy Vuelta a espana?

Just wondering if we will be having a fantasy game for the Vuelta, which obviously starts on Saturday??? Thanks!

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

46 comments

ErikZabel | 8 years ago
0 likes

What are the stage prizes?

1wrangler | 8 years ago
0 likes

Based on every startlist I can find, it looks the rider list for the Vuelta has the wrong Ramirez listed for Team Colombia.
It says Carlos, but should be Brayan.

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Whoever does come first will lead the race, so there will be a leader, there will just be no time gaps, ie the teams with gc riders will take it easy so expect a surprise for the leader.

0 likes

Everything will be scored is normal providing the organisers publish the finishing order, the order the teams finish. If they dont we cant score it.

Dave is on it, and i will probably jump on during the week when i can as there is no overtime at thr moment

enrique replied to TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Dave is on it...

Thanks, TER...

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Everything will be scored as normal providing the organisers publish the finishing order, the order the teams finish. If they dont we cant score it...

I suppose you mean as far as giving each rider points for how the team did on the stage, I guess that's fair... Neurotic as I tend to be, i just don't think it would be fair to award GC points to the riders if the organizers don't publish a GC standing and we just make one up for the game because the order over the line is available...

Joelsim replied to enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Dave is on it...

Thanks, TER...

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Everything will be scored as normal providing the organisers publish the finishing order, the order the teams finish. If they dont we cant score it...

I suppose you mean as far as giving each rider points for how the team did on the stage, I guess that's fair... Neurotic as I tend to be, i just don't think it would be fair to award GC points to the riders if the organizers don't publish a GC standing and we just make one up for the game because the order over the line is available...

That's what he's saying. If one is published then yes, if not then no.

Dux89 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Final verdict on scoring? Just stage points or will there be GC points as well?

Condor Andy | 8 years ago
0 likes

They ARE awarding a leaders jersey, there just won't be any time gaps for the GC.

enrique replied to Condor Andy | 8 years ago
0 likes
condor_rider_1988 wrote:

They ARE awarding a leaders jersey, there just won't be any time gaps for the GC.

They are?...  7 I'm confused... I thought if it was neutralized with respect to time gaps, then they wouldn't award a jersey...  7 ... Well, if they award a jersey, what then with the GC points in the game, will you go off of rider order over the line or ignore the GC standings?...  45

enrique replied to Condor Andy | 8 years ago
0 likes
condor_rider_1988 wrote:

I guess you're right. Peter Velits will be wearing the leaders jersey, but the Vuelta website doesn't seem to be showing any individual rider orders...  45

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

No way of predicting stage 1 as it is neutralised so I've picked a team for stage 2 and what will be will be.

archieboy replied to Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

No way of predicting stage 1 as it is neutralised so I've picked a team for stage 2 and what will be will be.[/quote

Is correct. No point wasting transfers.]

1wrangler | 8 years ago
0 likes

Unable to execute transfers on Vuelta standard team. It's 3 a.m. here and I have tried many times.
It keeps saying 'Your team is incomplete'. even though it is complete and under budget.

***UPDATE: I finally got it to work.

Guzzibear | 8 years ago
0 likes

Funny that, complain about the speed of the site and suddenly it works. I have submitted my team now.

Christopher Froome
Peter Sagan
Tejay Van Garderen
Geraint Thomas
Mitchell Docker
Boy Van Poppel
Yoann Bagot
Tom Stamsnijder
Caleb Ewan

Guzzibear | 8 years ago
0 likes

Website still very slow and I cannot pick a team. Hopefully it will be up and running in the morning or at least before the start of the race.http://road.cc/sites/all/modules/smileys/packs/Yahoo!/surprise.gif

Good luck everyone it should be a fascinating race and I can't wait.

dc04dc | 8 years ago
1 like

I agree. It's a meaningless stage, and it's impossible to pick a team without knowing how it will be scored.

tony kappler | 8 years ago
1 like

Dave,

I note that for stages 2 & 3, road.cc stage profiles (and PCS and cycling news preview) seem to be different from official site (and other sources) profiles.

Stage 1 neutralisation will totally change how teams race.

In your email re TTT scoring you state, "If the team rankings are published we will score the TTT as usual. If the rankings are not released then it'll just be GC points."

So we don't know how teams will race and we don't know if the team rankings will be published. Surely this makes a good case for not scoring stage 1 in road.cc and starting at stage 2.

Cheers

dave atkinson | 8 years ago
1 like

looking into it...

ojbutterwick | 8 years ago
1 like

Problems too.

Dux89 | 8 years ago
1 like

Didn't the Vuelta organizers know how much pain they'd be causing fantasy DSes with this route?

Sniffer | 8 years ago
1 like

Having trouble entering teams tonight on the website which is struggling. Regretting not being organised earlier. I do remember the Giro problems earlier in the year and I should have known better. I can try again tomorrow.

Is it just me or are others struggling?

_Kasper | 8 years ago
1 like

I am having a lot of problems just getting through to the site.. Anyone else with problems?

_Kasper | 8 years ago
1 like

That neutralisation changed the whole dynamic for my. Might just pick a team for day 2..

backflipbedlem | 8 years ago
1 like

Bit of a fuk up for the organisers! Surely it was obvious that it would be dangerous riding on roads with sand!!
There's just no point in any of them riding the stage tomorrow as might as well save energy etc if their time isn't going to count towards GC.

Aragonite | 8 years ago
1 like

Got mine done eventually. Just took a bit of patience.

Turns8 | 8 years ago
1 like

Also having issues with the standard team selection for the Vuelta...I'm guessing everyone is trying to do their teams...  102

Aragonite | 8 years ago
1 like

Anyone else having difficulties selecting Vuelta teams?

1 like

Basically points will be scored as normal provided we have the information...

enrique replied to TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Basically points will be scored as normal provided we have the information...

I don't really understand what you mean, with regards to GC points...  39 Say the organizers publish the order the riders came in, but they don't award a leaders jersey, are you saying that if the order over the line is available, you will assign GC points even if the organizers don't recognize the individual general classification, or are you saying if the race organizers ignore the GC we will too?  39 By the way, who's scoring this one, you or G?...  39

dave atkinson | 8 years ago
1 like

Going to use modified scoring, will be in the notes today

Pages

Latest Comments