Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta Stage Prizes

Hi,

Can anyone tell me whether there were stage winner prizes for the Vuelta Espana this year?

I have finally won my first stage (stage 18) but have received no notification with regards to a prize.

I know stage prizes are given out to the big events such as Tour de France and I thought the Vuelta was one of them

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

16 comments

Rah75 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Almost 6 months now for a yes/no answer....

figus | 8 years ago
2 likes

Bump - why are we still chasing an answer for this? 

Surely its a simple yes or no - are there prizes for winning a stage of the Vuelta? 

If its no, thats no problem at all, but the lack of communication is pretty poor to say the least. 

Rah75 | 8 years ago
1 like

Any news on this?

Rah75 | 8 years ago
1 like

I won the vuelta ITT Fantasy cycling standard stage. I've also not been contacted. I emailed them on the 17th of December to check if I should have been emailed, after they sent out an email titled "Competition winner emails" on the 11th, saying they were having trouble with sending out emails for winners, but haven't heard anything back. I guess it will be soon though as they've started fantasy cycling up again for the new season.

naffets | 8 years ago
0 likes

road cc got in contact regarding claiming my prize for overall in vuelta

cheers dave

stef

figus replied to naffets | 8 years ago
0 likes

naffets wrote:

cheers dave

stef

Can we infer from this that Vuelta stage winners will shortly be contacted then?

Simon

Gorillas replied to figus | 8 years ago
0 likes

figus wrote:

naffets wrote:

cheers dave

stef

Can we infer from this that Vuelta stage winners will shortly be contacted then?

Simon

I won the final stage of Vuelta 2015 and as yet haven't been contacted.

Didn't know there were prizes for stages. This is going to make my addiction to Cycling Fantasy worse, lol.

cgipryan | 8 years ago
0 likes

I think I also won a stage in the Vuelta, but I might be wrong... or maybe it was the Giro?... dunno... anyway, just wanted to say that I just got a notification to claim my prize for winning the USA Pro overall... I didn't think there were any prizes there, so I'm delighted... Thanks angry

Rah75 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Same as SE Londoner here. Are there any updates on this, I won Vuelta stage 17 (The ITT). Thanks

AngeS | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hi
I won the Purist Comp of the Vuelta and haven't been contacted either. I appreciate that the road.cc team have been inundated with queries etc re prizes. Happy to wait til they get things sorted out  1

Cheers,
Ange

dave atkinson | 8 years ago
0 likes

yeah if there's still any outstanding from last year you should mail me up. we had some, y'know, issues.

vuelta prizes have yet to be processed and there's a few others yet to do as well

SELondoner4u replied to dave atkinson | 8 years ago
0 likes

Dave Atkinson wrote:

yeah if there's still any outstanding from last year you should mail me up. we had some, y'know, issues. vuelta prizes have yet to be processed and there's a few others yet to do as well

Hi, I wonb stage 18 in the Vuelta Espana this year but have yet to get any notification of a prize.

Can you tell me if this will still happen and if so, what the prize will be?

Many thanks

- See more at: http://road.cc/content/forum/165608-vuelta-stage-prizes#sthash.ECxSCYuv....

Rah75 | 8 years ago
1 like

I don't think there are any. I posted the same question 2 weeks ago and didn't get a reply. I've not received any notifications on the dashboard as other posts with regards to prizes mentioned in threads from last year. The road.cc email about the vuelta said there will be prizes, but did not specify what or for what, so I guess only the overall winners got something. There are probably too many stage winners to issue prizes now it isn't sponsored by wiggle.

Saintyboy replied to Rah75 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I won stage 18 in the TdF of 2014, but am still waiting so I assume that there were none given for that particular day!!!

TERatcliffe26 replied to Saintyboy | 8 years ago
0 likes
Saintyboy wrote:

I won stage 18 in the TdF of 2014, but am still waiting so I assume that there were none given for that particular day!!!

For any prizes outstanding from last year, Dave sent out an email over Christmas to everyone owed a prize, and sent items out to everyone who responded that hadnt received there prize

As for the Vuelta, I don't know if there was prizes, but I do know Dave has been away and been rather busy, so it may be that he hasn't got around to it yet, and he hasnt archived the races yet.

naffets replied to Rah75 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hi I was the overall winner of the vuelta and I have not recieved any contact regarding prizes. After the last stage was completed and I managed to restore 1st place after being top for most of the final week I was very excited to have won my first grand tour especially as in past years the first prize was a bike of some description.
I imagine the road cc team have been quite busy of late and look forward to hearing what I've won.
Regards stef

Latest Comments