Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Abu Dhabi Tour?

Is it too late for this too finish off the season?
Some good names riding

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

46 comments

Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Sorry, I was in the middle of doing them lastnight when a migraine hit, they are up now

enrique replied to Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

... they are up now

Thanks, G!  1

Dave Atkinson wrote:

i'm going to set it up tonight

Thanks, Dave, mighty generous and lots of fun. We had a great Autumn full of races! So cool! Thanks!  1

Nice, buddy!  1

jollygoodvelo | 8 years ago
0 likes

Not clear why AbDab is showing as closed when Stage 4 hasn't been scored?

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Will somebody be doing the Abu Dhabi scores soon?...  39 Please?...  8

pclark007 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hey, I thought the Abu Dhabi Tour was NOT supposed to count in the season rankings! I have been sitting this one out due to travel. Please fix.

Jonas Lorenzen replied to pclark007 | 8 years ago
0 likes
pclark007 wrote:

Hey, I thought the Abu Dhabi Tour was NOT supposed to count in the season rankings! I have been sitting this one out due to travel. Please fix.

Yeah, missed the transfer yesterday and declined in rankings all-over  7

1wrangler | 8 years ago
0 likes

I went all-in for stage 3 since I missed the first 2 stages and then accidentally wasted 3 transfers. Got 1,2,3,6,7,9,10.
Question: If this is a bonus comp, which I thought did not count toward the season comp, then why are my season rankings changing?

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Yh Nibs was 9th. Kittel my one no scorer

0 likes

1,3,4,7,9 + points from Guardini and Viviani

Cant complain too much, although wish Poels hadnt crashed

enrique replied to TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Didn't you have Nibali in there, too?...  39

0 likes

I presume it said 14 as technically as stage 1 had started you wouldnt have so called unlimited transfers, but the number given +8 to actually fill a team, so you couldnt put 8 in and then go back and change those 8 again for free due to the fact the race had started (and the code wont be set up to differentiate between a team that has entered there riders after the start deadline compared to those before, but just knows it hasnt entered any, but once it enters those riders it is effectively under the same state as every other team, and thus no unlimited transfers as you are beyond the stage 1 cut off).

Hope this explains it

cisgil23 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hello. This is the Chris part of Francoise and Chris (Franglaise Amiens et Cisgil23). The reason for the double act was that when she's in France I do the team thing for her (not so well this time, it seems !).
I wrote the comment before I realised I was on her page, and not mine.
The point I make is that surely you could have unlimited transfer up until the first team you enter, and then the transfers start.
I mentioned 14 because before I started our selections , I'm sure I saw 14 transfers available. Perhaps it's just my old grey cells giving up the ghost quicker than I thought.
Mind you, if that's the only moan I have, I think the Road CC office team are doing pretty well.
Chris (and Francoise if you prefer a bit of French Femininity !).

0 likes

Bahhhhh Boonen out

Condor Andy | 8 years ago
0 likes

It's always been 2 per stage, so 6 is fine. Sure we'd all want more, but that's part of the challenge.

Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

You have 2 per stage and Stage 1 doesn't count. Because you get unlimited upto the deadline

Franglaise Amiens | 8 years ago
0 likes

The first I knew about this was an email yesterday afternoon, not seen until this morning. I missed the deadline for today's stage.
But to add insult to injury, when I just chose my first selections for the 2nd stage, the eight riders came off my 14 transfers, rather than as they were, the original choices. With flat, then stiff summit finish, then flat again, the 6 transfers remaining will not suffice.
I don't know if it's in the rules, but it seems a bit unfair to count as a transfer an original selection.
Can this be changed for next season ?
Francoise & Chris

TERatcliffe26 replied to Franglaise Amiens | 8 years ago
0 likes
Franglaise Amiens wrote:

The first I knew about this was an email yesterday afternoon, not seen until this morning. I missed the deadline for today's stage.
But to add insult to injury, when I just chose my first selections for the 2nd stage, the eight riders came off my 14 transfers, rather than as they were, the original choices. With flat, then stiff summit finish, then flat again, the 6 transfers remaining will not suffice.
I don't know if it's in the rules, but it seems a bit unfair to count as a transfer an original selection.
Can this be changed for next season ?
Francoise & Chris

We all only have 6 transfers so im not quite sure what your getting at?

enrique replied to Franglaise Amiens | 8 years ago
0 likes
Franglaise Amiens wrote:

... the 6 transfers remaining will not suffice.

I agree...  39 I wish we had 8 at least, to be able to completely overhaul your team if you so desired... At some point during the season I thought the rule was something like 2 per day, including the first day, so I would have expected 8 for this race... It would have been nice to have 12 though... 8 to completely overhaul your team for the ' mountain' stage and 4 to use as you would for the last day... That (!) would have been fun...  1

Franglaise Amiens wrote:

... when I ... chose my first selections for the 2nd stage, the eight riders came off my 14 transfers... it seems a bit unfair to count as a transfer an original selection.

I think I know what you mean...  39 Before the race starts you can make as many transfers as you want and you won't be charged any transfers because the race has not started. It might require a whole lot of programming changes to have you have unlimited transfers if you miss out on the unlimited transfer window, though...  39

Franglaise Amiens wrote:

... Francoise & Chris

Is that 2 people?...  39

enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes

Hey!  1 Sagan scored!  1 and so did Lobato!  1

Condor Andy | 8 years ago
0 likes

2,7,11 and bugger all anywhere else. Saving all of my transfers for the mountain stage.

0 likes

1,2,7 and nibs team bonus

Bit gutted as would have had palini rather kittel depending on his price but other than that. No shows from matthews, and the other 2 sprinters i had who i cant remember

0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

... would have had palini... depending on his price...

45 He's in at 5.0... It would have been a nice pick!  1 And Mancebo is at a solid 3.0!  1

TERatcliffe26 replied to enrique | 8 years ago
0 likes
enrique wrote:
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

... would have had palini... depending on his price...

45 He's in at 5.0... It would have been a nice pick!  1 And Mancebo is at a solid 3.0!  1

I could have afforded up to the price of 7.6, so he would have been in

I guess its the same for everyone though so wont loose out anyway for this stage

Can't afford to bring him in for tomorrow as i need the transfers

0 likes
TERatcliffe26 wrote:

... i need the transfers

Yeah,  39 , transfers are a little stingy for this race... It'd be nice to have at least 8 so we could completely overhaul our team if we wanted to...  39 Now I see why you had Nibali in from the beginning... I guess I didn't even look at the amount of transfers before the race began...  45 I'll pay for that...  2

Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

A coupleof the Skydive riders didn't have values, that has now been sorted  26

Aragonite | 8 years ago
0 likes

Temp has been as high as 47c. Going to be some odd results imo.

enrique replied to Aragonite | 8 years ago
0 likes
Aragonite wrote:

Temp has been as high as 47c. Going to be some odd results imo.

Good prediction!  1

Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I put Skydive in last night  39

Aragonite replied to Gkam84 | 8 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I put Skydive in last night  39

I tried to get a price for Palini this morning and got nothing. Dldn't try for any of the other Skydive riders though.

Twybaydos | 8 years ago
0 likes

10am competition finish? (11am real time) Dubai is four hours ahead so this would be 3pm there. The race website says the race starts at 1pm there (9am here). Should the deadline be pushed back to 8am?

Pages

Latest Comments