Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Points San Luis TTT

Hi all,

new player here. I've read the scoring information multiple times, but I just don't seem to understand where the final points for the TTT come from. It doesn't make sense to me.

From there:

20, 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8, 6, 4, 2 points for each participating member of the top ten teams in a team time trial;

Breakaways, Sprints etc, can't really count or? and it's also not a GT for the jersey points.

My team:

Sagan 4th - 14

N. Quintana 2nd - 18

Torres 8th - 6

Sepulveda 12th - 0

Diaz 7th - 8

Gaviria 1st - 20

Contreras 1st - 20

Cimolai 15th - 0

In my eyes I only scored 86 points.

How did get 114 Points for that stage?

Thanks for answering. Sorry if I missed something or this is stupid. I just want to understand the rules, so I can play my best in future races.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

2 comments

johnjackjoe | 8 years ago
0 likes

Thanks triccky. I expected that was the case.

Maybe there should be a changw in the overall "How to play" rules, as it does mention that jerseys only give points at grand tours there.

triccky100 | 8 years ago
0 likes

Fair question JJJ. You score was increased as you would have received jersey points as these are for all tours, e.g. points for the position on GC, young rider etc. Contreras scored 34 points in total as he received 20 points for the win, 9 points for being 2nd on GC (he crossed the line second for Etixx) and 5 points for being the best placed young rider. For all the relevant  scoring information go to the 'Stages' tab in each tour and click on 'stage information'. Hope this helps

Latest Comments