Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Volta a Catalunya

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

22 comments

stevemarks | 8 years ago
1 like

I believe there are no points for a breakaway in a stage race.

MinardiM189 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I can't see how some of the points for stage 4 come from -

Dron was in the break (10 points) , is 2nd in the Mountains classification (4 points), won the E cat climb and finished 8th in the 1 cat climb. Yet his total is only 17 points ?

In previous stages it looked like riders were getting the actual points scored in mountain stages.

Confused

MinardiM189 replied to MinardiM189 | 8 years ago
0 likes

MinardiM189 wrote:

I can't see how some of the points for stage 4 come from -

Dron was in the break (10 points) , is 2nd in the Mountains classification (4 points), won the E cat climb and finished 8th in the 1 cat climb. Yet his total is only 17 points ?

In previous stages it looked like riders were getting the actual points scored in mountain stages.

Confused

Sorry, I think I figured it out now.

4pts - 2nd in moutain comp, 11pts 1st on E cat climb, 2pts 8th on 1 cat climb

triccky100 | 8 years ago
1 like

finally managed to pick a decent team, 1,2,3,4,6,9,15 + Van Zyl for me....

MinardiM189 replied to triccky100 | 8 years ago
1 like

triccky100 wrote:

finally managed to pick a decent team, 1,2,3,4,6,9,15 + Van Zyl for me....

Well done,  hopefully my 'luck' is changing too.

1wrangler | 8 years ago
0 likes

Same here, 8 transfers today:
Martin
Contador
Froome
Tejay
Purito
Zakarin
Navarro
Dron

Joelsim | 8 years ago
0 likes

8 transfers for me today.

CHRISTOPHER FROOME (SKY) 

TEJAY VAN GARDEREN (BMC) 

MIGUEL ANGEL LOPEZ (AST) 

ILNUR ZAKARIN (KAT) 

ALBERTO CONTADOR (TSB) 

JOAQUIN RODRIGUEZ (KAT) 

BORIS DRON (WGG) 

LOUIS VERVAEKE (LTS) 

simon F | 8 years ago
1 like

Of course, I'll probably regret telling you that when I get bumped down the FSUCI because of it. Oh well, at least I had a good P-N and T-A.

simon F | 8 years ago
0 likes

Unfortunately -

@WWCCScorer You can find the pdf of full results in this link, but you'll only find the pdf of the stage of the day http://www.voltacatalunya.cat/es/descarregues/ 

But ...

@WWCCScorer Nevertheless, you can find all the pdf of full results in this website

http://www.edosof.com/carrera/31#cajaetapas

It looks like it's all there. Hope this helps.

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
1 like

Yup it is odd, just gonna have to see what they produce today

cgipryan | 8 years ago
2 likes

Damn, only 12 transfers for this? I haven't checked at the beginning, thinking it would be something like the usual 15... that kind of messes the vague sort of strategy I had for this comp...sad

_Kasper replied to cgipryan | 8 years ago
1 like

cgipryan wrote:

Damn, only 12 transfers for this? I haven't checked at the beginning, thinking it would be something like the usual 15... that kind of messes the vague sort of strategy I had for this comp...sad

Not really sure why this is. I could definately have used those extra 3 transfers today, had to leave in two cheap sprinters to make room for surprise climbers...  

simon F | 8 years ago
1 like
TERatcliffe26 replied to simon F | 8 years ago
1 like

simon F wrote:

Official results download at ...

http://www.voltacatalunya.cat/downloads/lavolta_84_19_21_portada_Resulta...

Cheers Simon, its stage 1 I really need now!

TERatcliffe26 replied to simon F | 8 years ago
1 like

simon F wrote:

simon F replied to TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
1 like

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

simon F wrote:

For some reason they don't seem to have made the stage 1 results available. Bit odd really.

simon F | 8 years ago
1 like

In case it helps, Stage 2 ...

Volta a Catalunya ‏@VoltaCatalunya

(26 km) Coronen Can Bordoi (3ª cat.) Ordre de pas: Dron (Wanty), Gradek (Verva), Bouet (Etixx) i De Gendt (Lotto Soudal)

EDIT

and

Volta a Catalunya ‏@VoltaCatalunya

(108 km) Els esccapats coronen l'Alt dels Àngels. L'ordre de pas ha estat Dron (Wanty), Bouet (Etixx), De Gendt (Lotto S...

presumably followed by Gradek.

_Kasper | 8 years ago
2 likes

I really thought i had today all figured out, but i wound up with only 1 and 2 (opted for Gerrans instead of Impey). Not really sure how to proceed now -.-

Sniffer replied to _Kasper | 8 years ago
1 like

_Kasper wrote:

I really thought i had today all figured out, but i wound up with only 1 and 2 (opted for Gerrans instead of Impey). Not really sure how to proceed now -.-

I recognise that.  You look at your team and think, it can't go wrong.  Then a few hours later you can believe that you left X out.

Podium today, but probably not much else.  Couldn't work out if I should go with Gerrans or Impey so took both.

Feeling a bit better after a stinker of Milan - San Remo (I had it all figured out.........).

_Kasper replied to Sniffer | 8 years ago
1 like

Sniffer wrote:

_Kasper wrote:

I recognise that.  You look at your team and think, it can't go wrong.  Then a few hours later you can believe that you left X out.

Podium today, but probably not much else.  Couldn't work out if I should go with Gerrans or Impey so took both.

Feeling a bit better after a stinker of Milan - San Remo (I had it all figured out.........).

Haha... Yeah me too.  I feel like this season has been a complete roller coaster already.

Aragonite | 8 years ago
1 like

Is Alaphillipe listed? Can't find him.

Philip Unwin | 8 years ago
2 likes

It seems that you have Tony Martin for Ettix instead of Dan Martin in the riders list. 

Latest Comments