Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fantasy Cycling Prizes

Just a quick clarification, as I haven't been able to locate a clear statement on the website.  

Is  there a prize for each competition for overall and/or stage wins and if so, what is it?*

Or is the default position that there are no prizes for winning a stage/overall unless they are specifically announced at the launch of the race/competition?

*declares an interest as I won the Volta a Catalunya overall

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Id say get in touch with Dave and see what he says. It normally depends what he has in at the time as to what he calls 'schwag'. But I do know he has had a rather busy year to date

Aragonite | 7 years ago
0 likes

TER, I received Emails from this site regarding two comps I won last year. The Email was before this fantasy season began, and I might still have it somewhere. Anyway have not got anything yet. Not really that bothered, was more interested in what 'schwag' consisted of.

paddyirish | 7 years ago
0 likes

Thanks, was sure that there used to be prizes, but haven't seen it advertised much recently and assumed they had stopped.  

Linking it up with the wiggle problem makes sense - I was aware of wiggle issue but stupidly hadn't made the connection...

TERatcliffe26 replied to paddyirish | 7 years ago
0 likes

paddyirish wrote:

Thanks, was sure that there used to be prizes, but haven't seen it advertised much recently and assumed they had stopped.  

Linking it up with the wiggle problem makes sense - I was aware of wiggle issue but stupidly hadn't made the connection...

When we prizes were given before the wiggle sponsorship, and then ending of, we had a much reduced amount of races compared to now, so was much more do-able.

Dave may decide to send out socks or whatever he has knocking about, but I believe any 'bigger prizes will be reserved for GT's and more specifically the Tour

TERatcliffe26 | 7 years ago
0 likes

I don't think there are prizes unless announced. We don't have sponsorship for the season. Got let down by wiggle when it came to prizes before

Latest Comments