Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

L-B-L Startlist

Is the League startlist up to date? There are a few changes in the provisioal startlist not showing as starting in the Fantasy League.

Any thoughts?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

29 comments

sanderville | 7 years ago
0 likes

I think that accrual makes you think more about the timeline of the race and that it makes it all a bit more seat-of-the-pants because an unlucky crash can force you to spend precious transfers when you really wanted to save them up for a block change when, e.g., a race hits a group of mountain stages.  I suppose it's a matter of taste but I just felt that you had to pay more attention when transfers accrued at a rate of two per day.

enrique replied to sanderville | 7 years ago
0 likes

sanderville wrote:

... accrual makes ... it all a bit more seat-of-the-pants... an unlucky crash can force you to spend... transfers when you really wanted to save them up for a block change ... I just felt that you had to pay more attention when transfers accrued at a rate of two per day.

Yeah, there's an excitement to seeing your transfers build up like you're earning money in a bank account  1 It's quite an accomplishment to save them for a 'block'!  1 With the lump sum, I don't think you get that beautiful feeling when you see 2 transfers appear the next day!  1 You only see them disappear every day like a bank account being 'drained'  2 I'm a little attached to this game  1

sanderville | 7 years ago
1 like

I agree with enrique that it was better when transfers accrued.

enrique replied to sanderville | 7 years ago
0 likes

sanderville wrote:

I agree with enrique that it was better when transfers accrued.

There was a better 'pacing' of the game. To have all the transfers 'sitting' there, in a lump sum, makes it, for me, more 'inactive'. I think the accrual throws in the element of 'hmmm...'  ... 'save them or spend them'?...  Almost like real life, when you get paid, 'Do I spend it or save it'?   1 Just trying to describe a feeling...

1wrangler | 7 years ago
0 likes

Why is this conversation in this LBL thread?

MinardiM189 | 7 years ago
1 like

Thanks for helping out Enrique :).

Gkam84 | 7 years ago
2 likes

Gkam hasn't come and gone.....he is ALWAYS around, working on the background of the game, just doesn't use the forum because he can't stand it's format, nor can he be bothered checking in on it all the time.

I got an email yesterday saying that Enrique has limited access to update startlists, because we are short of hands at the moment, fine, whatever is needed for the good of the game. But just know, I'm always around, I just choose not to post very often at all

dc04dc | 8 years ago
1 like

I'd be happy to  see Enrique help -- the game is understaffed, especially on weekends.

I seem to remember Gkam once saying that Enrique would never have access. I don't know why he shouldn't -- I don't really think he'd delete all the data.

enrique replied to dc04dc | 8 years ago
0 likes

dc04dc wrote:

I'd be happy to  see Enrique help ... I don't really think he'd delete all the data.

I wouldn't  1 Thanks for the vote of confidence  1

figus | 8 years ago
1 like

Give them a chance, it's not even been 6 months yet......

fxceltic | 8 years ago
1 like

Stevespro is indeed bang on, saying same as me but better, its not cool to lay it all on unpaid volunteers yet charge for the game.

No prizes, no accurate startlists in good time ahead of races, sometimes over 24 hours for results points updates.

I've also been playing for five years and it was genuinely a lot better run when it was free, God knows how that works.

And no official response to this thread yet either...

Philip Unwin | 8 years ago
1 like

About 90-100 DNFs already

Philip Unwin | 8 years ago
1 like

Brutt, Tiralongo, Edet, De Gendt, Benedetti, Laengen, De Marchi and Roy pass half way in break

6' 40'' with 100km to go

LauraW | 8 years ago
1 like

I'm assuming you can still score points for greyed out riders then?
I actually enjoy doing the research myself but would be pretty annoyed if I missed out cos the roster wasn't updated...

pclark007 | 8 years ago
0 likes

I have tried to evaluate the relative effect of "bad weather" vs. "new climb at the end."  I have opted to give more weight to "new climb at the end" so weighted more to riders with climbing endurance.  My most significant omission, thus, in my opinion is Tim Wellens who is noted for being good in bad weather.  I hope this does not come back to bite.  It was down to him or Romain Bardet and I left Bardet in.  So, cheering for the usual favorites (also without Simon Gerrans) and my two "grey" riders Bardet and Fuglsang.  Don't believe in Nibali or Kwiatkowski either for this LBL.  Don't believe form is there yet for the former, and not certain of endurance in course with lots of climbing and bad weather for the latter.  This one should be epic!  

chrisdstripes | 8 years ago
1 like

Stevespro has it spot on.

tony kappler | 8 years ago
1 like

Cutoff deadline in 30 mins. Race has started. No one minds do they, if I change team if riders fall off in 1st 20km like Felline did the other day. (No, I am not serious). Started the day with 2 "grey" riders. Viva le grey.

Cheers

STEVESPRO 79 | 8 years ago
2 likes

Dear Dave,

When people sign up for a game, especially a paid for one without any prizes, I think we are entitled to a certain level of service....

We should not have to scan through other sites to find startlists, we are not all nerds who want to do that... The information should be on this site...

I have played for 5 years now and I had nothing but praise for this site, the organisers and road.cc in general....

But since we have been charged for the game the service has been in a steady decline for the last couple of years. With the exception of TER nobody appears to do anything and the owners of the game appear to be having little or no input.....

From the outside looking in, it would appear that the game has put road.cc on the map... I certainly had not heard of them before I started playing. For the first three years I could not stop praising the site to my friends etc, and yet now the players who have supported this virtually free advertising campaign appear to be surplus to requirements...

Startlists are rarely updated, questions on the forum often lie unanswered for months, prizes have disappeared, incorrect cut-off times and yet I still hand over my tenner..... Its only a tenner but it is feeling more and more as though I should just throw a tenner down the grid....

I just want the service that we used to have, I dont want to complain......Am I asking for too much Dave.....

enrique replied to STEVESPRO 79 | 8 years ago
0 likes

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

We should not have to scan through other sites to find startlists...The information should be on this site...

I agree with Steve...    I've been here since 2011 too and seen the development of the site... I've seen drheaton and Gkam come and go and TER be steady as a rock for us...  Now Gkam isn't around nearly as much, which is ok with me, but at least once in a while, and very regularly for the Womens races, he'd put up start lists and do the scores... I know at some point Dave let some other users handle the scores and populating start lists...  I know a lot of us, including me, of course, yes, would be more than happy to help out with scores and start lists! 

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... we are not all nerds who want to do that... 

... but some of us are (!) and would enjoy doing that for the rest of the game players!  1

STEVESPRO 79 wrote:

... since we have been charged for the game the service has been in a steady decline...

I always think that since we had the development of the game as it  is, with all transfers pre-loaded, as opposed to acccrued, there's been a slight decrease in attention from the administrators, and less banter on the forums... I'd personally like to see the return of accrued transfers.  I don't know why I liked them so much!  1

But, anyways, maybe we can get some help with the scoring and the start lists so we don't exhaust poor TER...

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
1 like

Well I cant get to a computer to update the rosters and haven't been able to since late friday.

And I don't know if Dave is about so I cant really comment on that.

As for taking responsibility for the rosters, im sure I know the same as you guys do regarding who is or isnt racing. We don't have any special startlist information that isn't readily available to the public.

But like I say for once I can't/haven't been able to do anything

RafRafRafRaf | 8 years ago
1 like

I've used the 'not just riders on this stage' button to select my team from the teams' own lists of who's starting (eg Sky: Henao is not and we've known this for four days, Kwiatkowski is.) I trust they'll still be able to earn points. 

Game team: it's totally fine to pull a stage if you need to, there are only a few of you, if someone is very ill or has a family emergency or whatever… everyone would understand (maybe gripe a little, but they would understand). But leaving it like this really isn't cool, it's not fair. 

Hope whoever is hors de combat is or will be okay. 

Raf

Btester2 | 8 years ago
3 likes

It is getting pretty annoying. Just saying. 

crazy cats | 8 years ago
3 likes

Does this mean  the Game organisators are not now taking responsibility for the official rosters? 

By suggesting  using  the all riders list to select our teams you expect your clients to do all their own research as to who is starting

I have loved this game in the past for its ability to promptly produce start lists and results together with the banter on the Forum.

It appears that the game has survived  in the past because of the efforts of  'volunteers' and all

thank to them!  But it now seems to be falling apart!

Sniffer | 8 years ago
1 like

Double Post

Sniffer | 8 years ago
1 like

Chill guys. As has been pointed out earlier you can pick who you like by making all riders visible.    

Everybody I wanted to pick was there.  I suspect those smarter will have found a gem who wasn't, but I didn't identify one.

Turns8 | 8 years ago
1 like

No Gerrans available...so I've picked Mick Matthews instead...when the team info is updated can you please replace Matthews with Gerrans seeing as Matthews isn't riding and Gerrans will be Oricas number 1 rider...

I'm logging off now and won't be able to make changes until after the deadline...c'mon guys sort it out...

TERatcliffe26 | 8 years ago
2 likes

You can update your team tho!

You just select show all riders and then pick them

fxceltic | 8 years ago
5 likes

This shit with the start lists has to improve or I'm off next year, its basically about 12 hours before the race transfer deadline and I still can't update my team.

I really don't mind paying for the game, I get a lot out of it,  but really this takes the piss.

If you can't do it properly for a tenner then charge £20 and get it done right, the teams have been available for about 48 hours now.

sanderville replied to fxceltic | 8 years ago
4 likes

fxceltic wrote:

I really don't mind paying for the game, I get a lot out of it,  but really this takes the piss.

Yup.  I swore off paying any more for it two years ago but I am a massive mug and it's only a tenner.  I am now getting all my startlist data elsewhere because this whole shambles has been a massive piss-take for at least two seasons.

None taken.

Latest Comments