Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Tour de Romandie

When will this be up and running? Begins Tuesday.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

43 comments

nikdavy | 7 years ago
1 like

Squeaky bum moment when I heard Albasini won the stage. Fortunately, my new best friend Tom Bohli earned 14 points - enough to see me over the line. Happy days  1

Philip Unwin | 7 years ago
1 like

DNS

Kittel (EQS)
Majka (TNK)
Rovny (TNK)
Nieve (SKY)
Bernard (TFS)
Uran (CPT)

Formolo (CPT)
Zeits (AST)

enrique replied to Philip Unwin | 7 years ago
0 likes

Philip Unwin wrote:

DNS Kittel (EQS)

No Kittel?...  2 What a waste of a transfer!  2

Philip Unwin | 7 years ago
1 like

DNS

Kittel (EQS)
Majka (TNK)
Rovny (TNK)
Nieve (SKY)
Bernard (TFS)
Uran (CPT)

Formolo (CPT)
Zeits (AST)

1wrangler | 7 years ago
1 like

Froome picked up a few KOM points:

2 pts on KOM 4;

5 pts on KOM 5;

and 3 pts for 3rd place in KOM comp;

+ 35 pts for stage win = 45 pts.

Joelsim | 7 years ago
1 like

Anyone else pick Froome today?

laugh

stevemarks replied to Joelsim | 7 years ago
1 like

Joelsim wrote:

laugh

Didn't judge it as worth it, would cost 2 transfers and with no bonus points second and third will probably score higher.

angel

Joelsim replied to stevemarks | 7 years ago
1 like

stevemarks wrote:

Joelsim wrote:

laugh

Didn't judge it as worth it, would cost 2 transfers and with no bonus points second and third will probably score higher.

angel

I guess that's the benefit of using all my transfers in the first 3 stages.

stevemarks replied to Joelsim | 7 years ago
1 like

Joelsim wrote:

stevemarks wrote:

Joelsim wrote:

laugh

angel

I guess that's the benefit of using all my transfers in the first 3 stages.

I was wrong Froome pretty much outscores everyone although I dont really understand how. Can someone explain it please Froome 35 for stage plus ????? Why the extra 10 points?

Condor Andy | 7 years ago
1 like

Down to 30th now, missed out on Pinot.
Decided to shell all 3 of my transfers shipping Dumoulin, Tejay and Vervaeke out, Pinot, Kittel and Da Costa in. It's out of my hands now.

1wrangler | 7 years ago
3 likes

Wow. I don't think I have ever managed a stage race this poorly. It's become sort of fun to watch how badly I've timed my transfers. Comical. Yesterday I dumped today's 2, 3, 4, and 5th place finishers--AND, I'm out of transfers. Ha!

Moist von Lipwig | 7 years ago
1 like

Pinot beats Dumoulin by 2 seconds!     with just Zakarin, Costa, Izaguirre and Quintana to come.

1 like

I had a pretty decent day yesterday! Quint, Zak, Ion, and Rolland. Sitting in 28th right now.
No transfers for today, hoping Tejay and Dumoulin step up. Three transfers left.

stevemarks | 7 years ago
1 like

Decided to save the transfers and stick with the climbers today, No Tomdumb, No kwit, No Jungley. Pinot is the big difference hoping for a big performance from him today.

Moist von Lipwig replied to stevemarks | 7 years ago
1 like

stevemarks wrote:

Decided to save the transfers and stick with the climbers today, No Tomdumb, No kwit, No Jungley. Pinot is the big difference hoping for a big performance from him today.

I've done the same.  Couldn't get ToDu in with one move and two whould have meant a further two tmrw to shift him leaving only 2 for the final stage.  Hearing he had stomach problems yesterday swung it in hoping Kwia + Pinot can mach his points thereabouts. 

So 6 left, 1 planned for tmrw allowing 5 for the final sprint wholesale change.

stevemarks replied to Moist von Lipwig | 7 years ago
1 like

Moist von Lipwig wrote:

stevemarks wrote:

I've done the same.  Couldn't get ToDu in with one move and two whould have meant a further two tmrw to shift him leaving only 2 for the final stage.  Hearing he had stomach problems yesterday swung it in hoping Kwia + Pinot can mach his points thereabouts. 

So 6 left, 1 planned for tmrw allowing 5 for the final sprint wholesale change.

4 transfers left and hoping to keep them all for the last day too, Think TomDumb will breeze it today but had a little flutter on Spilak each way. Think tomorrow is going to be awesome.

Aragonite | 7 years ago
1 like

Had a real mare. Looks like I lost a hundred points to all my closest rivals.

TERatcliffe26 | 7 years ago
1 like

It sounds odd, however im going to have to bring in Bono for Vervaeke, in order to be able to axe Kwiat and Dumo after tomorrow and be able to have 1 transfer for the last stage.

1,2,6,10,16 for me today

Hoping Dumo, Kwiat, Iz, Quint, Spilak, Zak and Bohli all go well tomorrow, and if so my team should be decent. Just worried for the last stage as I will only have Bono and Kittel

_Kasper | 7 years ago
1 like

2, 5, 6, 16........ Wow that was bad! Took Froome over Quintana. Took Dombrowski over Rolland. Took Vervaeke over Meintjes. 

Today was not my day. 5 transfers left though.

Aragonite | 7 years ago
1 like

Four left for me, with two 'dead' riders.

Aragonite | 7 years ago
1 like

I've got Porte, and Vervaeke.

TERatcliffe26 replied to Aragonite | 7 years ago
1 like
Aragonite wrote:

Your who i fear the most, always doing well, so maybe more than i thought will have him. But big ouch for you!

stevemarks replied to Aragonite | 7 years ago
1 like

Aragonite wrote:

Bad luck sir! I chose Zakarin and Porte instead of Froome so it doesn't hurt so much now. Froome and Vervaeke were my other option.

Very happy to still have 6 transfers left.

Joel seems to have used all 10.

1 like

Well is game over for me now! Vervaeke has crashed out!

Joelsim | 7 years ago
1 like

1st so far, but have not planned my subs well  1

Need to get back into this game after forgetting to change my team for half of the spring classics.

stevemarks | 7 years ago
0 likes

I bring in Porte and he's ill, waste of two very valuable transfers. Game over me thinks.

1 like

I now have 4 left, not too pleased but oh well.

Plan on seeing how tomorrow goes, may use 2 to get rid of Dumoulin and Kwait after the ITT. Then my other 2 to get Kittel and Bono in for the last stage

1 like

Proving quite hard to manage subs with so many GC and summit guys at 25 credits and higher.  I think I've got a good roster to last the next three days, but I only have three subs left and I've left out a serious number of favourites.

1 like

Dave will have to give an official answer on that.

I can change it individually, however if i set the stage up weeks before and cant find a start time id put say 8am and if i forget to look up its earlier enough that the stage wont start before the deadline.

Erm maybe i will look what ive done wrong later. I might have put 4 down to one by mistake.

Yes todays stage has been shortened

Moist von Lipwig | 7 years ago
1 like

My French is rusty but it looks as if todays stage has been shortened  to 100km and the start has been cropped due to weather.  that changes things somewhat.

Pages

Latest Comments