Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

TdF Winning Prizes

Any chance of some prizes for this standard/purist competition? 

I remember some swag on offer for TdF a couple years ago which was a nice incentive. 

Even some road.cc socks would be something. What's your thoughts? 

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

7 comments

chrisdstripes | 7 years ago
1 like

I agree - its a great game, warts 'n all, and I'm happy to pay a tenner for it - prizes not important to me.

It does come across as a bit of an afterthought nowadays compared to 3-4 years ago, but not to the extent that I won't be playing next season. Its a shame though, in an ideal world there would be enough interest that you could pay people to run it, have a phone app etc. But it's cycling, not footy.

Btester2 | 7 years ago
0 likes

FYI, roadcyclinguk are offering a £1120 bike for their TdF fantasy winner...

http://fantasycycling.roadcyclinguk.com/

Btester2 | 7 years ago
1 like

Yes it's a shame. We barely get the results shown early enough for us to have time to sort transfers. It's not something I want to pay £10 for anymore so I won't be renewing. 

TERatcliffe26 replied to Btester2 | 7 years ago
1 like

Btester2 wrote:

Yes it's a shame. We barely get the results shown early enough for us to have time to sort transfers. It's not something I want to pay £10 for anymore so I won't be renewing. 

What do you expect instant results? Todays were updating roughly an hour after the stage had finished! Thats a good 15 hours  or more to sort transfers

Btester2 replied to TERatcliffe26 | 7 years ago
0 likes

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Btester2 wrote:

What do you expect instant results? Todays were updating roughly an hour after the stage had finished! Thats a good 15 hours  or more to sort transfers

I didn't mention today's stage specifically, generally throughout the season it's been a hassle waiting for the update. 

MartyMcCann replied to Btester2 | 7 years ago
4 likes

Btester2]</p>

<p>[quote=TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Btester2 wrote:

It seems to be the done thing to hammer Road.cc so I want to take this chance to give my tuppence worth. I have played every single competition this year and haven't at any stage felt inconvenienced by the speed of the updates. I think I missed one transfer opportunity but that was down to a combination of  my own lack of organisation and it being the Tour of California so the time difference catching me out.

I'm not so bothered about lack of prizes but then I'm probably never in the position to win one- the time and effort people have to put in to actually be serious  contenders for prizes isn't something I have to spare. Nevertheless I'm happy to keep paying  since I enjoy the game and it gives me much more than a tenner's worth throughout the year- obviously the "something-for-nothing-brigade" will complain about only being allowed to enter a certain amount of competitions as opposed to premium members.  However when you think about the effort Dave,  TER and others put into to keeping a complex game going, only to get snarky comments because they don't spend 24 hours a day ready to upload scores as soon as the riders cross the line then it really puts it into perspective- if I was them I would have jacked it in ages ago due to the moaning!

Plus people do realise they don't have to wait for the scores to be updated to pick their team for the next day, don't they?

STEVESPRO 79 | 7 years ago
1 like

We used to win £1000 bikes for the TDF.....Now we pay for the privilege we get nothing.......Strange but sadly true.....

Latest Comments