Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Vuelta Stage 9

Wrong in stage 8. (not that it mattered scorewise). GCs weren't interested. When I first started playing this game, GCs took pride in trying to win a summit finish. Not anymore; all defensive riding. Individual brilliance has been squashed by the grinding tactics of Sky/Movistar/xxxx.

Second tier GCs Yates/Talansky/Scarponi are hovering tantalisingly outside top 10, and if a 10 to 20 rider break makes it to the finish everyday, there is not much point in carrying them.

Cheers

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Im just fluttering transfers away, think Im left with 19 now!

MinardiM189 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Difficult to decide what to so in these breakaway stages. I had some break options in yessterday and so decided to keep faith in them and make no changes. Geniez, Mate & Hardy.

Was tempted to bring in LL Sanchez but didn't.  2

Same tactic for stage 10 too, although I'm debating whether to swap GC riders but may wait until after the 2 flatter stages coming up.

triccky100 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Agree as well and have resorted to the break lottery, have LL Sanchez and Geniez in the break today so hoping this one goes all the way!

Aragonite | 7 years ago
0 likes

Agree Tony. Simply a case of picking as many  riders as money allows that are riding high in GC. Then a bit of educated guesswork on who is likely to finish of a breakaway, or(now thinking I should of done this) simply hanging onto the better puncheurs and sprinters, and being patient. Either way it makes the game harder, but also more interesting, not just following the old tried and tested method.

Latest Comments