Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Eneco stage 1 scores error (I think)

Hi guys,

Van Lerberghe was scored 4 points total, but he's 7th on GC which should be 4 points, plus he was second in one of the 3 sprints. So either his score needs updating, or there's something I've misunderstood about which sprints are being scored. Either way, can someone let me know?

Ta, C

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

9 comments

TERatcliffe26 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Ive scored the normal sprints where 3 riders score, and left the primus sprints alone. I couldn't even figure out what was what for each stage.

Im going to try to add clarity next year and discuss how points are awarded more for certain races. As 5 sprints being won by the same person at 6 points a pop is not really viable scores wise as that is pretty much more than the winner and makes it too much of a lottery

fxceltic | 7 years ago
0 likes

Cant figure out scoring for mcnally yesterday

Came 5th on stage 20 pts, and also came second out of five at both sprint primes, yet only got 22 pts total, ie only 1 pt per prime sprint

Makes no sense and must be a mistake?

Aragonite | 7 years ago
0 likes

Carlton Kirby mentioned today that the Primus sprint winner doesn't always score the same amount of points. The time he is leading by alters the points scored. Can't remember who won the two sprints today, but it was the same rider, and he scored a different score for each one.

Makes things even more complicated. Maybe for next year score any bonus points according to one website? Cycling News as good as any imo. If they dont score a particular comp, then so be it.

tony kappler | 7 years ago
0 likes

TER, some confusion.  I think it is the golden kilometre you have scored.  Cycling News stage 1 report showed results for "Sprints 1, 2 & 3", which correspond to the golden km.  (I doubled checked this by rewatching that part of the race.) Your scores for stage 1 match this. 

You haven't scored the Primus Combativity (from the Primus spints).  Eneco website only has totals  for the stage with no individual sprint breakup, and as I remember from last year, each sprint had a different number of points, so it was impossible to work out what was going on.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.  I'm happy with how you are scoring, and thanks for your good work and dedication.

Cheers

0 likes

Sorry wrangler, ive not been reading all the threads, just spotted this highlighting a mistake.

Scoring Eneco is possibly the hardest one of the year with regards to official information, unless anyone can point me to where i can download some kind of points breakdown for each stage, without adding in to the mix what goes on in that golden kilometre, so my answer to that is we wont wont be scoring anything to with that km.

fxceltic replied to TERatcliffe26 | 7 years ago
0 likes

TERatcliffe26 wrote:

Sorry wrangler, ive not been reading all the threads, just spotted this highlighting a mistake.

Scoring Eneco is possibly the hardest one of the year with regards to official information, unless anyone can point me to where i can download some kind of points breakdown for each stage, without adding in to the mix what goes on in that golden kilometre, so my answer to that is we wont wont be scoring anything to with that km.

hi TER, if you look at the twitter feed for the tour its all on there I think

1wrangler | 7 years ago
0 likes

Since we still have not gotten any answer about the golden km sprints, I am assuming they are not being scored at all. True?

chrisdstripes | 7 years ago
0 likes

Fab, thanks TER - could make all the difference!

0 likes

Seems I gave his GC points to Van Poppel, Next column down on the spreadsheet. Will re-update

Latest Comments