Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

2016 Fantasy Cycling Leagues

Congratulations to TORA TORA TORA (Aragonite) for winning the Purist competition & Jukeboxhero (pclark007) for winning the Standard competition.

What a finish in the Standard , Turtu losing top spot by a single point in the last race. Commiserations to Turtu.

Pretty pleased with my first full season 5th in Standard & 4th in Purist. Wrapped off nicely with a 1st in the final race.

Looking forward to next season.

Thanks to all the organisers and the other competitors for making this wondeful competition happen.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

JohnnyRemo | 7 years ago
0 likes

Congrats, guys. Us domestiques of the game can only imagine what it's like to compete at such dizzy heights, our dreams limited to getting the occasional top ten place on a stage (usually a TT -tied with 76 others for 9th...)

Aragonite | 7 years ago
0 likes

Didn't see this thread, and have just posted a similar one.

pclark007 | 7 years ago
0 likes

Thanks to all for congrats and to Turtu as well.  I can only commisserate as I had all but conceded the season title.  It is a lot of work to keep up with the game.  Thanks to all who made it possible in 2016.  Agree with cgipryan that the Formigal stage was spectacular but missed Paris - Roubaix.  Best result for me was the Tour de France where weighting the team toward breakaway riders paid off, and the worst showing was in Tirreno-Adriatico.  I think it helped my morale this year to start off strong with a 2nd in Tour down Under.  Other years started slow due to failure to catch up with start of season and then was uphill the whole way.  Key is to be consistent throughout the year and not miss any stages - and there were a couple close calls when I misread the closing times for team selection.  

cgipryan | 7 years ago
0 likes

I'm sorry for turtu, too... even more so given that we are, I think, coming from the same country... congrats anyway, fighting for the win all year long is not easy... the same goes for the two winners... as for me, finished 4th overall in the end, which is not bad considering that I could only watch something like 10-15 race-days of cycling this year... that's not so bad, though, because I didn't miss what I think were the two best races of the year, the Formigal stage in the Vuelta and especially the last part of Paris-Roubaix... look forward to more of that next year! and to a new fantasy season!

tony kappler | 7 years ago
1 like

Yes, well said Minardi. My congratulations also to TORA and Jukeboxhero and my comisserations to Turtu. After a years hard work, to lose by 1 point in the last race would be gut wrenching.

Thanks also to the road.cc team for running such a great game. Please tell me that we are done for the year and that we can relax again until the Tour Down Under.

Cheers to all. Catch you next year.

Latest Comments