Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Volta Ciclista a Catalunya

Quickstep have Johnatan Narvaez in their team.

He is still showing as not competing and should score 5 points for an assist today.

Could you investigate please?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

23 comments

Condor Andy | 6 years ago
0 likes

So they have, fixed now.  I was concentrating too hard on getting the mountain points right.

tony kappler | 6 years ago
0 likes

Stage 7 scoring

I think the 2 sprints have been scored 3,2, 1 instead of 6,4,2 points

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
1 like

Good call runaround. He was tipped on Mytwospokesworth for the win but a points haul was even better.

I was top before the day started so i had an easier call by bringing Yates inwards instead. I just had to look at who those below me had to preserve my lead...so i did Quintana > Yates because nobody had Quintana and they all had Yates...

Tactics.

runaroundsioux | 6 years ago
1 like

After much consideration last night, I decided to remove Simon Yates from my roster. BIG CALL. When I checked results this morning (Down Under) ... you guessed it, he winsindecisionindecision

BUT ... I replaced him with Soler who actually scored more points. laugh

Sometimes it just works out.cheeky

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
0 likes

Indeed it may Andy....and i hope so. There must be a few ways of encouraging some more convo...

0 likes

Nice one dude! By nearly 50 points too! Nice effort.

I might start doing some 'round up' posts every now and then to highlight who's had a good game.  I did it last year for the grand tours, but it might encourage forum participation. 

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
2 likes

Fantasy Tour of Catalunya has a winner...AND IT'S ME...!!...whoo hoo..

0 likes

Lemme check, I'm sure I got him.

Edit: Gave 'em to the wrong Ferrari....It's been a long week.

Edit 2: So I didn't win the stage.....curses

chrisdstripes | 6 years ago
0 likes

Hey guys, did you miss Roberto Ferrari's points today? He's showing as zero in my team but I thought he finished right up there...

2 likes

Holy crap I won stage 6 smiley

0 likes

Yep!

Stage 6 has been shortened to 117km due to snow.  I'm trying to find the new profile, but the stage is also starting later.

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
0 likes

Done my transfers Andy and left two for the final day. One will be for Quintana > TDG and the other one i will keep under my hat. A stage like that is made for the excitment of TDG...sadly no amount of mountain climbing or GC rank can replace the excitment of the maverik TDG...Agreed?

0 likes

None, it's just KOM.

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
0 likes

Really....And  how many seconds for each one for the riders?

0 likes

I just haven't made any transfers since stage 3.

It's not sprints, but the finishing circuit has a cat 3, and there will be points for each summit  1

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
0 likes

What did you do Andy?...

also...Are  there points available at the top of all those small hills on the last stage?...

I'm now top after five stages with 5 transfers left but that last stage is confusing me?...If there 's a pts bonanza for intermediates to be had then it has TDG written all over it for another haul.

0 likes

Good work Winston! Yes, with so few sprinters here and a hilly parcours it is slightly easier to manage.  That being said, I completely messed up yesterday, but I have a few transfers left to rectify the situation.....hopefully.

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
0 likes

Great race so far this Catalunya lark. Slightly easier to negotiate than that Terrino race for sure...well for us newbies anyway...

Second overall after 4 stages in the standard game...crikey...still having no luck whatsoever in my purist teams though. Kiss of death to most riders.... 

ben_hawley | 6 years ago
0 likes

YES! AWESOME yes

Thanks Andy

0 likes

Hi Ben,

Was this just today's stage?

Edit: I've changed the cut-off because the stage is now starting later.  They've shortened the route due to weather.  I've added some time for transfers.

ben_hawley | 6 years ago
0 likes

Hi Andy,

I missed the cutoff (a) because I  forgot , but (b) the cutoff time was over an hour before the race start. Couldn't the cutoff time be closer to the start?

Thanks

Ben

MinardiM189 | 6 years ago
0 likes

Thank you

0 likes

Last minute change in the start list that fell through the cracks, he's now in and De Plus is out.

Latest Comments