Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

The Trash Patch In The Pacific

The Trash Patch In The Pacific Is Many Times Bigger Than We Thought
https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2018/03/22/596142560/the-trash-p...

I realize many are improving their concern per purchase of consumables; well done.
I know my habits changed and 1 of the better changes with my habits has been to purchase fresh fruit and veg.
Being simple, we used to holiday on a sail boat. Fuel usage was about 5 litres per week and mainly to charge batteries but with newer abundance of generators a simple wind catcher could probably reduce that to near nothing.
Would be great to retire, use the fluid momentum to battle the high seas until reaching the lands low point in south America. Then cruise on up to Mexico, grab the dominant wind, locate northern Australia, find the hot to cold high current water, ride that down under and go again. Argh, dreams of avoiding rubbish and disease should be included aye.
We are a carbon base life form. I keep believing that advancement will become a hot pot too melt rubbish and recycle layer after layer. I read previously that a 2 man ocean racing team trawled a lurer and daily fed on king fish or similar. 10 years later on the same race, they didn't catch fish, they were scared of sinking due to dodging floating containers and basically recognized our pollution.
Thanks cyclists, at least we having fun with minimal expense.
Really happy because I read that peach trees grown from seed will produce fruit. Gotta be stoked with that. N.D.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Boatsie | 6 years ago
1 like

Even though bigger than thought; it remains like an iceberg.
Remaining unknown was freedom at home,
Yet regarding habits where I roam,
The humans of the people still appear that dumb,
The value of life form knots rather than centre as 1,
Being on planet I cannot run,
Therefore prepping war as best I can,
Like any other smart arse dumb dumb,
That why I think bicycles are Rad

captain_slog replied to Boatsie | 6 years ago
2 likes

Boatsie wrote:

That why I think bicycles are Rad

Seems to need a final line. How about

And riding mine will always make me glad.

hawkinspeter | 6 years ago
1 like

Half of it (!) is fishing nets, so maybe stop fishing as well.

Grahamd | 6 years ago
0 likes

Think they should stop all shipping until they clear their shit up. 

hawkinspeter | 6 years ago
2 likes

This topic looks lonely without a comment.

Latest Comments