Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Itzulia - Vuelta al Pais Vasco

Looking through the road book it looks as though there is a young riders jersey this year.

"GENERAL MEJOR JOVEN. Optarán a este maillot los ciclistas
nacidos en el año 1.993 o posteriores. El líder de esta
clasificación será el mejor clasificado en la clasificación
general de cada día. El vencedor final será el mejor clasificado
en la Clasificación General final
El mejor joven portará un maillot azul."

Is it possible to confirm this please?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

17 comments

Condor Andy | 6 years ago
0 likes

Stage 6 update coming in, minus the last rider points.  I'll update again when I know this.

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
0 likes

So a video of him during the race from this morning saying he doesn't feel he can win it (KOM)...I wish i'd seen that earlier..

The match up between Padun and TDG looked primed for the next to days with a feast of points with so many climbs.

Sadly i can't risk TDG now so i've binned him for Ion Izzy to match my brothers pick and win our little rivalry...

The theory was good for TDG and tbh i didn't really think Ion had such a good ride in him...not this week anyway...

0 likes

Movistar have isolated Roglic, attacks beckon on the next two climbs.  Break is strong, but they had 5 minutes before the last climb, now only just over 2 minutes.  Fraile and Latour look good if they stay away.

More points on offer tomorrow, so De Gendt will go then if he feels good.  Padun needs to win the next two climbs today to keep things interesting.

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
0 likes

Pfft. Really fancied it being a break today with a punch up between Padun and De Gendt for the KOM. Padun made it in but no De Gendt (my pick today)...Where the hell is he?...

Really strong break...no bringing it back and no reason to...could be agood day for those still with Macarthy, Albasini and co...

0 likes

Stage 4 start times for the ITT have been released so the deadline has been brought forward.

0 likes

Race website has updated stage 2's sprint scores so I'll update the stage.

0 likes

Yes, no change today.  The results on the race website are still different whereas everyone else agrees.  I'll check the standings after today's stage before deciding to update, but it seems like the race website might have got it wrong.

tony kappler | 6 years ago
0 likes

Cycling news and the official results agree on the GC classification which is obviously wrong (eg Mas, Bardet & Quintana finished in that order in both stages, and hence should be in that order in the GC classification), and I see that is how it has been scored.

PCS and the UCI website agree, both on the GC classification and on the points classification, implying that the 1st sprint was Woods, Caruso & Verona. I'd be inclined to believe UCI. Cycling news also agrees with PCS and UCI re points.

Nevertheless, I know how hard it is to find true results sometimes; it will be interesting to see the official "total points classification" after stage 3.

0 likes

CyclingNews, PCS and the official standings list the 1st sprint differently.  The official site has Lopez as the victor of both, this is reflected in the discrepancy between the points standings in PCS and on the official website.

I was following live, and they flashed up two different results for the 1st sprint, but removed one later.  I'll check again tomorrow morning and see which is updated.

tony kappler | 6 years ago
0 likes

Stage 2 scoring

It appears that the 1st sprint has not been scored; (or scored incorrectly, as David Lopez has 20 instead of 14 points; could be related)

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
0 likes

Yes...Nibali as well....Both riders could do well in any stage if all the other riders had done the same the day before....but they haven't...

very odd situation to ask them to do both for sure. Maybe ok if they were just outsiders for a chance at the Basque Country but Kwia, especially, should be much fancied....Nibali, as you say, is the support act allegedly so maybe not so bad...

0 likes

You can say the same ting about Bahrain Merida. Nibali's doing both, but the Izagirre brothers are joint leaders for Pais Vasco.  Nibali will be support.

Kwiato still might do well, it just might make more sense to favour someone else.

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
0 likes

Finally got round to picking my team.

A lot of tipsters still fancying Kwia for tomorrow. Surely he can't ride in Flanders and then do well the following day in the Baque country ...can he?....Maybe if all the other riders had raced Flanders but they haven't...anybody thinking the same.

I'd go as far as to say SKY have made a bit of an error having him racing in both....have they?

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
0 likes

Those "Jersey points" are the key to this game.

0 likes

2 transfers per stage, 6 stages  1

Yeah yeah, it's all scored.

Dr Winston | 6 years ago
0 likes

Do we get fantasy pts for KOM, points and Young jersey's then ?....

also..

TEN transfers....TEN !!.....piggin hell....I'm stuffed.

0 likes

That's what it says on the website.  The jersey will be blue  1

Latest Comments