Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Woman cyclist killed by autonomous Ka, apparently

Interesting example of tabloid coverage of a road traffic collision:  as far as I can see, the car was just not properly broken in and clearly got loose and drove off on its own... ​   The poor driver is apparently not suspected of any criminality and is just all broken up about it.  The cyclist is dead.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6191355/little-mix-singer-tour-nadine-samuels-car-crash-female-cyclist/

A SINGER who toured with Little Mix was involved in a horror crash that killed a female cyclist.
Nadine Samuels, who performs with pop trio M.O, was driving her blue Ford KA when it smashed into Debbie Mills, 54, in Hemel Hempstead, Herts.

The 27-year-old , who is good friends with Little Mix star Leigh-Anne Pinnock, is said to be “in bits” over the tragic crash.

She was not injured during the collision and has not been arrested over the incident.

A source told the Daily Star: “She was driving from the studio in London and it was early in the morning. It must have really shaken her up and she’s not been the same since. Who would be?”

Mrs Mills, a gluten-free baker from Hemel Hempstead, suffered catastrophic head injuries as a result of the crash and died in hospital the following day.

A statement from her family said: “Nothing can begin to describe the loss we are feeling after the tragic incident that took Debbie’s life.

“Our family would like to thank friends and the wider community, who have shown their love and support so openly.”

Cops have now launched a probe “to establish the exact circumstances surrounding the collision”.

Officers want to speak to five other people in vehicles at the time of the crash, they include a silver Ford Fiesta, a black Vauxhall Adam, a small silver car, believed to be a Citroen, a White Mercedes E class and a Black Audi.

Sergeant Paul Stanbridge, of Hertfordshire Police, said: “I want to stress that no one is in any trouble – but we are very keen to speak to these drivers as they may have vital information that could be the key to progressing our investigation.”

Nadine has been a member of M.O since 2012 performing on hits that have seen the group nominated for two Mobo awards.

M.O released their single Bad Vibe with Lotto Boyzz and Nigerian pop star Mr Eazi which reached 21 in the charts.

The group supported Little Mix on their The Salute Tour in 2014.

Anyone with information should email paul.stanbridge [at] herts.pnn.police.uk or call Herts police on 101.

Nadine Samuels' representatives have been approached by The Sun Online for comment.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Hirsute | 5 years ago
0 likes

Someone is dead but "No one is in trouble".

OK...

zero_trooper replied to Hirsute | 5 years ago
0 likes

hirsute wrote:

Someone is dead but "No one is in trouble".

OK...

Well the witnesses aren't, but I suspect that Miss Samuels is. We shall see.

zero_trooper | 5 years ago
0 likes

Officers want to speak to five other people in vehicles at the time of the crash, they include a silver Ford Fiesta, a black Vauxhall Adam, a small silver car, believed to be a Citroen, a White Mercedes E class and a Black Audi.

Well someone is investigating something. That info must have come from CCTV. The last photo in the Sun 'feature' looks like it could be the source*

Poor woman (I'm talking about the real victim here) must have been on her way to work. Whereas the driver was on her way home from work.

*EDIT: I stand corrected - dashcam

https://www.herts.police.uk/news-and-appeals/drivers-of-five-vehicles-id...

BehindTheBikesheds | 5 years ago
1 like

Sickening reflection of how we treat vulnerable road users, victims of crime. "No one is in trouble", are the police on crack, these aren't children behind the wheel who may be witnesses.

yet again describing the actions of the vehicle and not the driver, I'd like to see how that works with people's bikes and trainers/shoes.

ChrisB200SX | 5 years ago
6 likes

It's great how they focus on the poor innocent victim that was driving...

Latest Comments