Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Giro Stage 4

Now the fun begins. Quite tough to predict picks for stages like this and the race has already conspired to complicate things....

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

8 comments

Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Yeah my GC guys I'm keeping for Etna, then we'll see what some riders are about this Giro.

chrisdstripes | 5 years ago
0 likes

Same here, glad to see its a small break, now just hoping the finish is too hard for the sprinters. If Ulissi or Stybar do something then my gamble/mistake will have just about paid off - otherwise the sensible option of bringing in a couple more GC guys ready for Etna would've been the better route.

0 likes

I made a couple of transfers from yesterday.  The sprinters don't return until stage 7 so I've picked up a couple of GC guys who are doing well and a punt for todays stage.  Most points still to come in the mountains.

Sniffer replied to Condor Andy | 5 years ago
0 likes

Condor Andy wrote:

I made a couple of transfers from yesterday.  The sprinters don't return until stage 7 so I've picked up a couple of GC guys who are doing well and a punt for todays stage.  Most points still to come in the mountains.

No changes today after making a few yesterday.  Too hard to call.

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
0 likes

@Chrisdestripes.

day 5 is a real tough one to call.....could be a rinse and repeat of today, or sprinters, or the field happy to let a break away take it. 

Gonna sit on my hands as a too tough to call. I think I should be ok for an avg day and that'll do fine. 

Dr Winston | 5 years ago
1 like

@Condor Andy.

Quite  a few big switches between mountain stages and sprints. With a reduced field of sprinters it may be easy pickings to use transfers between GC riders on the leader board already and sprinters....trying to pick puncheurs and one day punts may well be a very bad idea in this tour.

chrisdstripes | 5 years ago
0 likes

I think I made a couple of changes more than necessary on account of them getting another bite of the cherry tomorrow, although it feels like there's more chance of them letting the break go. Great finish today tho!

0 likes

Always best not to make too many changes I find, with stages like this. I might make one or two, but I'll be saving transfers for the mountains.

Latest Comments