Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Handed in my Notice Today…

Three months from now, it will be bye bye shithole Britain.  

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

127 comments

gmac101 | 4 years ago
1 like

Yeah but what about the fact that the Danish put  remoulade on just about every food type

hawkinspeter | 4 years ago
0 likes

How about a ranking of countries? Will that help settle this whole issue?

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-countries/overall-rankings

1. Switzerland
  2. Japan
  3. Canada
  4. Germany
  5. United Kingdom
Griff500 | 4 years ago
2 likes

What gives anybody the right to say "my culture is superior to yours"?
As for those on here promoting British acceptance and tolerance of others? Just pause to think how many of those areas of the World currently troubled by terrorism, Civil War and poverty, have we, the honourable Brits waded into through history, redrawn maps, and attempted to impose our own cultural values by force? And no, I'm not talking about Victorian times, we are still at it today, from wars in the Middle East, to manning a garrison to prop up "Mr. Stone the gays" Sultan of Brunei.

srchar | 4 years ago
2 likes

OK have been back and seen the origin of the Nazi comments and agree I was wrong to invoke Godwin.in this case.

The reason I dismiss Owen Jones is because he's given some of the worst television interviews I've ever seen. One that sticks in the mind is him not understanding the difference between being a millionaire and earning a million pounds a year.

Re cultural superiority, Rich CB has argued the case better than I could have if I'd been present (because I'm a "thick cunt" obviously) and DSFBPE has largely evaded his excellent questions, which is uncharacteristic.

ktache | 4 years ago
4 likes

Unfortunately gay marriage is not legal in all parts of the UK.

hawkinspeter replied to ktache | 4 years ago
6 likes

ktache wrote:

Are you suggesting that don simon fbpe and Rich_cb don't go to Northern Ireland if they want to take their relationship to the next level?

don simon fbpe replied to hawkinspeter | 4 years ago
2 likes

hawkinspeter wrote:

ktache wrote:

Are you suggesting that don simon fbpe and Rich_cb don't go to Northern Ireland if they want to take their relationship to the next level?

I can see the perversity in this...

ktache | 4 years ago
2 likes

Can Godwins law really be invoked if a question has been asked about genocide?

srchar | 4 years ago
0 likes

Can't be arsed to catch up with what's happened on this thread. Not only has someone invoked Godwin's law, but even worse than that, we've got people seriously recommending books by Owen Jones.

hawkinspeter replied to srchar | 4 years ago
3 likes

srchar wrote:

Can't be arsed to catch up with what's happened on this thread. Not only has someone invoked Godwin's law, but even worse than that, we've got people seriously recommending books by Owen Jones.

What do you think is so wrong about books by Owen Jones?

don simon fbpe replied to srchar | 4 years ago
0 likes

srchar wrote:

Don't diss your mate, he's trying to support you &  say that coming from a superior culture is OK (in spite of that superior culture not being superior and making sweeping statemnets is a bit wankish ).

Owen Jones! That's funny and confirmation in one fell swoop. I wonder whether the other muppet gets that he's backed the wrong horse.

hawkinspeter | 4 years ago
6 likes

Listen, don't mention the war. I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right

Judge dreadful | 4 years ago
4 likes

I remember when all this was trees.

Rich_cb | 4 years ago
0 likes

How do you define a culture Don?

You seem to dismiss the idea that a country can have its own culture.

don simon fbpe replied to Rich_cb | 4 years ago
0 likes

Rich_cb wrote:

How do you define a culture Don? You seem to dismiss the idea that a country can have its own culture.

Shouldn't you be asking schrra this question? Not defending them in their superiority claim.

Rich_cb replied to don simon fbpe | 4 years ago
0 likes
don simon fbpe wrote:

Shouldn't you be asking schrra this question? Not defending them in their superiority claim.

I'm asking you as you seem to describe culture differently to everyone else on this thread.

So, how do you define culture?

0 likes

Rich_cb wrote:
don simon fbpe wrote:

I'm asking you as you seem to describe culture differently to everyone else on this thread. So, how do you define culture?

There you go mate.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/culture

0 likes
don simon fbpe wrote:

There you go mate.

Ok, a dictionary definition.

So, do you think that Singapore has its own culture? Does the USA? Does the UK?

0 likes

Rich_cb wrote:
don simon fbpe wrote:

There you go mate.

Ok, a dictionary definition. So, do you think that Singapore has its own culture? Does the USA? Does the UK?

Not in a way that I could say that my culture is superior to it.  That'd be fucking stupid.

0 likes
don simon fbpe wrote:

Not in a way that I could say that my culture is superior to it.  That'd be fucking stupid.

Why?

Are there not sufficient differences between the cultures of those countries to enable a comparison?

0 likes

Rich_cb wrote:
don simon fbpe wrote:

Why? Are there not sufficient differences between the cultures of those countries to enable a comparison?

Are you really that stupid? Comparison =/= superior.

0 likes
don simon fbpe wrote:

If it is possible to compare things it's usually possible to also decide on a preference.

Do you think that all cultures are equal? Or is it just those particular cultures that you feel cannot be ranked according to preference.

0 likes

Rich_cb wrote:
don simon fbpe wrote:

If it is possible to compare things it's usually possible to also decide on a preference. Do you think that all cultures are equal? Or is it just those particular cultures that you feel cannot be ranked according to preference.

define culture.

0 likes
don simon fbpe wrote:

define culture.

I'm happy to use the same definition that you posted earlier.

Now that's cleared up.

Do you think that all cultures are equal?

0 likes

Rich_cb wrote:
don simon fbpe wrote:

define culture.

I'm happy to use the same definition that you posted earlier. Now that's cleared up. Do you think that all cultures are equal?

Yes, when talking about a country.

0 likes
don simon fbpe wrote:

So the culture of Nazi era Germany is equal to the culture of modern day France for example?

2 likes

Rich_cb wrote:
don simon fbpe wrote:

So the culture of Nazi era Germany is equal to the culture of modern day France for example?

Are you talking Nazis or Nazi era Germany?

I'm pretty fucking sure that calling all Germans of that era nazis will not win you any friends.

0 likes
don simon fbpe wrote:

I'm pretty fucking sure that calling all Germans of that era nazis will not win you any friends.

I wrote Nazi era Germany, I meant Nazi era Germany.

So, Nazi era Germany, equal culturally to modern day France?

1 like

Rich_cb wrote:
don simon fbpe wrote:

I wrote Nazi era Germany, I meant Nazi era Germany. So, Nazi era Germany, equal culturally to modern day France?

So you're calling all Germans of that era Nazis? Be specific Nazis or Germany? They are not the same. Modern day France? Are you talking all French? Le Pen? Chalecos amarillos? The outpouring of sadness for Norte Dame? The increase in financial assistance for asylum seekers? Which bit of France?

I guess you live in racist england, how do you feel abot that? does it make you proud living in a racist country?

0 likes
don simon fbpe wrote:

So you're calling all Germans of that era Nazis? Be specific Nazis or Germany? They are not the same. Modern day France? Are you talking all French? Le Pen? Chalecos amarillos? The outpouring of sadness for Norte Dame? The increase in financial assistance for asylum seekers? Which bit of France?

I guess you live in racist england, how do you feel abot that? does it make you proud living in a racist country?

Avoiding the question there Don. That's not like you.

You specifically said that cultures of countries are equal.

The definition of culture we agreed to use specifies that it relates to a particular time.

I chose two countries and two particular times.

France in the modern day and Germany during the Nazi era.

You asserted that the culture of countries was equal so are the cultures of Nazi era Germany and modern day France equal?

Pages

Latest Comments