Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Bristol Post demonstrates bias (again!)

OK, so the article is at

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/first-bus-traffic-tiemta...

The headline says

Quote:

First Bus blames delays on cyclists and traffic as complaints pile up

And you might think, "Is it cyclists using bus lanes? Being inconsiderate?"

However, reading through the article you get to:

Quote:

James Freeman, the managing director of First West of England said: “We have seen extremely icy weather move in on Monday and Tuesday, followed by thick fog on Wednesday, which unfortunately slowed traffic more than usual all through Bristol during rush hour.

“In addition, we saw a surge people, many of whom we believe were cyclists using buses to avoid those potentially dangerous conditions.

“As a result, buses were getting full quicker, with consequential delays for passengers boarding at stops closer in to the city centre.

So First are actually blaming people for actually using the service they're providing, and the Post is - as usual - putting together any clickbaity headline they can.

Grrr.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

5 comments

Hirsute | 4 years ago
0 likes

How the hell did they know the passengers are cyclists as opposed to walkers or drivers who did not fancy taking the car. Or drivers who could not get to the main road from their abode?

hawkinspeter replied to Hirsute | 4 years ago
0 likes

They were wearing helmets?

Mungecrundle | 4 years ago
1 like

Bloody cyclists. If they use their bikes, they hold the buses up, if they use the bus they hold buses up and I bet if they used their cars they'd probably find some way to add to traffic congestion and hold the buses up, don't even get me started on if the buggers decide to walk and hold the buses up at pedestrian crossings. Some people are so bloody inconsiderate!

Butty | 4 years ago
2 likes

I'm fumin'! How dare cyclists use buses, causing them to slow them down by having to stop to pick them up!

Keep buses empty so they are on the move and don't slow the car traffic! 

Thatsnotmyname | 4 years ago
1 like

Send a link to Bristol Cycling Campaign - I'm sure they'd be keen to have a word with the editor..

Latest Comments