Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Fantasy Cycling Chat

Haussler and Stybar, where are they?

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

80 comments

Hammerite | 13 years ago
0 likes

What happens with no GC riders in our teams? Do we all just race with and get points for 8 riders?

Hammerite | 13 years ago
0 likes

Thanks Dave. Yes I have 9 riders in team. No problem not getting a score for the GC rider if everyone is in the same boat.

meninblack | 13 years ago
0 likes

Is there any possibility to reset changes? What happens in case of this kind of change? I choose Freire instead of Farrar, today I read that Freire will not participate, so I'd like to choose Farrar again. Is it possible when I've made other 5 changes?

miffed | 13 years ago
0 likes

So for transfers do I get 6 this week then another 4 for the week after. So for example I could transfer most of my team out and then four back for Flanders?

Also Is there going to be a cost increase in riders between GMAT wellegrem and Flanders?

dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

changes can't be reset, sorry...

sanderville | 13 years ago
0 likes

Can everyone else see the full list of riders for transfers? I can't see any riders in the transfer list at all, even if I select Everyone. This is on different PCs using both IE and Chrome.

Or are they just not on there yet?

0 likes
Quote:

I foolishly invested 37.8 of my credits in Boasson Hagen yesterday when he was lit up as a "go" for G-W

ouch. that is bad luck  2

Gee Thomas has got his spot now.

for anyone who's interested in keeping tabs on their squad over the course of a couple of races (ie picking riders that are in for upcoming races too) i can recommend the excellent www.cyclingstartlists.com

sometimes you'll get fore warning of upcoming squads, sometimes you won't... deffo worth a look though

0 likes

(i had bo hagen too)

0 likes

(but i've got 1 transfer left)

TheBigMong | 13 years ago
0 likes

...and Garaint was the Sky guy I swapped out to make room.  20

There is a booby prize if I keep doing things like this all season long, yes?  3

Tony Farrelly | 13 years ago
0 likes

Yeah I swapped Geraint out too…  2

Gregoire500 | 13 years ago
0 likes

Whomever is doing the purists league is either very lazy or very confident!

If I hadn't used my transfers I would have had two rather dubious domestiques riding for me today... Now I have Tom 'Party Boy' Boonen at my disposal-how can I lose?!  3

Gkam84 | 13 years ago
0 likes

Ronde van Vlaanderen

Why is Cancellara listed as not riding when he will be there?

homer187 | 13 years ago
0 likes

How do the team bonus points work? Should all the riders in Quickstep get the 5 point bonus after Gent-Wevelgem?

homer187 | 13 years ago
0 likes

I thought Dries Devenyns and Davide Malacarne finished and I don't think they've got the points... although I'm happy to be proved wrong!

homer187 | 13 years ago
0 likes

You're a gent, thanks for fixing that. Every 5 points helps...

Aapje | 13 years ago
0 likes

Terpstra is still noted as riding RVV, but I'm sure he won't start with his newly broken clavicle.

robert.brady | 12 years ago
0 likes

I like the new stats window that appears when you hover the mouse over a rider. Good idea!

Should make it quicker and easier to choose transfers.

Rob

dave atkinson replied to Hammerite | 13 years ago
0 likes
Hammerite wrote:

What happens with no GC riders in our teams? Do we all just race with and get points for 8 riders?

yes but don't forget that you need to select nine riders to score points in a stage. for G-W that means picking a non-participating GC rider. them's the breaks...

dave atkinson replied to miffed | 13 years ago
0 likes
miffed wrote:

So for transfers do I get 6 this week then another 4 for the week after. So for example I could transfer most of my team out and then four back for Flanders?

Also Is there going to be a cost increase in riders between GMAT wellegrem and Flanders?

1) yes. six this week, then four a classic for the rest of the classics.

2) rider values get recalculated when we update the scores, based on how they scored and their popularity. so they might go up, or they might go down...  1

dave atkinson replied to sanderville | 13 years ago
0 likes
Sanderville wrote:

Can everyone else see the full list of riders for transfers? I can't see any riders in the transfer list at all, even if I select Everyone. This is on different PCs using both IE and Chrome.

Or are they just not on there yet?

works on all the browsers we've tested on mac and pc

you do realise you have to select a rider to see your transfer options?

TheBigMong replied to meninblack | 13 years ago
0 likes
meninblack wrote:

Is there any possibility to reset changes? What happens in case of this kind of change? I choose Freire instead of Farrar, today I read that Freire will not participate, so I'd like to choose Farrar again. Is it possible when I've made other 5 changes?

I feel your pain, but I think I've got you beat.  14 I foolishly invested 37.8 of my credits in Boasson Hagen yesterday when he was lit up as a "go" for G-W. This forced another transfer because I already had two other Team Sky riders (in different categories) and had to transfer one of them out to have a legal squad. Mere hours later, Boasson Hagen changes to a "no go" for G-W and I have 37.8 of my credits tied up in a now greyed-out rider and no transfers left to fix it.  13

C'est la velo!  2

dave atkinson replied to Gkam84 | 13 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

Ronde van Vlaanderen

blimey, give us a minute. gent only just finished  1

dave atkinson replied to homer187 | 13 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

How do the team bonus points work? Should all the riders in Quickstep get the 5 point bonus after Gent-Wevelgem?

all the *participating* riders should...

dave atkinson replied to homer187 | 13 years ago
0 likes
homer187 wrote:

I thought Dries Devenyns and Davide Malacarne finished and I don't think they've got the points... although I'm happy to be proved wrong!

fair comment, looks like QST made a couple of last-minute changes to their starting line-up, we were going with the original start list.

so good news if you had malacarne or devenyns. bad news if you had pineau or van kierlsbruck. bad news for me, then  2

sanderville replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes

Aaaah! Thanks, Dave.

Go, go, Dessel!

Gkam84 replied to dave atkinson | 13 years ago
0 likes
dave_atkinson wrote:
Gkam84 wrote:

Ronde van Vlaanderen

blimey, give us a minute. gent only just finished  1

Sorry, needed to make changes tonight as i'm away all week and dont know if i'll have net access, but i made changes and now you have changed the riders, some of them are grey'd out  2

0 likes

nope, not a single one is on the start roster  22

looks like Cyril Dessel will be a popular pick...  1

Jamesss | 13 years ago
0 likes

are there any team leaders racing in the next event?  7

0 likes

No, we decided to up the transfers to 6 for this stage as there were a *lot* of roster changes. back to 4 for the next few...

Pages

Latest Comments