Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

How many changes?

How many changes can I make tonight? I thought I could change only 2 riders but it seems that I can make unlimited change... maybe you have changed the rules because today has finished DL and you have thought 2 changes are very little...

Could you say how many changes can we make? I don't want to make 9 changes and after two hours to read that there is a problem with the program and I must reset my changes...

Thanks.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

49 comments

TomL | 12 years ago
0 likes

Which is a fair point about the sprint stage.

Reset back to Fridays squads/scores and either bin the TDS or allow unlimited transfer for tomorrow.

Leaves everyone on a level playing field.

dave atkinson | 12 years ago
0 likes

for anyone who feels that their season-long strategy is ruined and they simply can't go on after missing one stage out of 90, there's now a 'leave game' option in the admin tab.

just sayin  1

PS it's something that someone asked for, btw. I haven't just done it 'cause of all this  1

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Someone asked for a leave the game option  13

I wasn't to chuffed lastnight/this morning about the unlimited, but now thats been cleared up, i'll be here till the end of the Vuelta, you never know, i may just become a regular after that aswell  19

Gkam84 replied to TomL | 12 years ago
0 likes
TomL wrote:

Which is a fair point about the sprint stage.

Reset back to Fridays squads/scores and either bin the TDS or allow unlimited transfer for tomorrow.

Leaves everyone on a level playing field.

I think the way there are doing it, going back to yesterdays teams, giving 4 transfers is just about a level playing field again

It gives the players who switched out some DL riders to start making their TdS squad less disadvantage and gives the players who kept most DL riders a chance to switch out 4 riders to get a bit of a better TdS squad, so its fair all round

If they did unlimited transfers again, it would be the same situation as before, with the ones who choose to switch out some riders from the DL to TdS at a disadvantage, so i think the way its being done is more than fair

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Oh yeah, i forgot about losing transfers for today, good thinking batman  16

So all is well again, just a shame it will help some people get rid of their extra DL riders, lol, but cant have everything

I can get rid of my 2 DL riders, and get a couple of TdS riders changed, which helps, because i'll watch the stage today and maybe change my mind about a couple of my team

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

cause we have lost our 2 for today, so id like 4 as i want sub my two DL riders out, and then my other two to change from the mountain stage i had planned for today, to the sprint stage it will now be 2morrow, otherwise i will still feel disadvantaged and end up scoring no points due to the loss of stage

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Boost, now no-one is at an advantage, but why make it 4 transfers, just keep it at the 2 it should have been  4

TERatcliffe26 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Gkams84, yeh its being rolled back

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Nice one, i can understand why it has to be neutralised

So does that mean the teams will be rolled back to before the unlimited transfers stage? If not then i'll be disappointed at it being neutralised because thats another chance of making good points back gone  39

TomL | 12 years ago
0 likes

Still screws my tactics up though as those with very few TDS riders will now generally have 7 or 8 in the first stage back whereas I was expecting them to have 5 or 6 to my 8.

2 transfers would be fair and put the game back to where it should be.

0 likes

We're neutralising today's stage

http://road.cc/37182

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Yeah i'd cry for weeks on end if i broke a nail  20

But the fact that any other game would just reset the transfers and put it back to the 2 limit is annoying me, its not hard to do having run games like this many times in the past, as long as your make database backups each day then you can just revert back and everything is back to normal

But leaving it unlimited has unfairly changed the rules and benefits some users over others  13

simon F | 12 years ago
0 likes
Quote:

Seems to me, looking at the top of the last stage table, that the right decision was to stay heavy on the DL and pick up the guaranteed points;

That's true for the last couple of days but what would have happened to those teams today with only one or two riders in the TdS? It's Mondays (and maybe Tuesdays) table which would have shown the results and risks of the DL-heavy squads but now we'll never know if you're right.

simon F | 12 years ago
0 likes

I have every sympathy with Dave. When you run a big system, this sort of stuff can happen. I also massively appreciate his efforts in running this game - it's making this season even more interesting to follow.

It's just that I have lost out rather badly in a private grudge match against someone who gambled on retaining a DL heavy squad. All the risk from that move has now been removed and I'm going to find it difficult to get my position back.

Still, stuff happens and I dare say we'll all survive.

So, thanks again to all concerned in providing this game for us to play.

PS how about adding some more cross-over races, just to confuse and bedazzle.

cactuscat | 12 years ago
0 likes

Seems to me, looking at the top of the last stage table, that the right decision was to stay heavy on the DL and pick up the guaranteed points; with a couple of good TDS picks jauman and co have cleaned up. After all, most of the time you're only picking up scores for 5 or 6 riders anyway

the same number of points were available in the TDS as the DL. there's a few people pissed on here cause they've lost out, but that seems to be mainly because they picked the wrong riders - that not road.cc's fault, is it?

divebabe31 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Blimey people, it's just a game. And a FREE game. Glitches happen, deal with it - everyone is in the same position. If you were paying an entry fee then it would be different.

I'd just like to say what a fab job Dave is doing - after all, his whole life must be having to revolve around updating this game! And he's very responsive to any problems, ideas etc.

Thanks Dave!

Swirly replied to divebabe31 | 12 years ago
0 likes
divebabe31 wrote:

Blimey people, it's just a game. And a FREE game. Glitches happen, deal with it - everyone is in the same position. If you were paying an entry fee then it would be different.

I'd just like to say what a fab job Dave is doing - after all, his whole life must be having to revolve around updating this game! And he's very responsive to any problems, ideas etc.

Thanks Dave!

100% agree.

Gkam84 replied to divebabe31 | 12 years ago
0 likes
divebabe31 wrote:

No not everyone is in the same position, if we were then no one would have a problem, its just the point that its given an advantage to some and not others that IS the problem

cactuscat wrote:

there's a few people pissed on here cause they've lost out, but that seems to be mainly because they picked the wrong riders - that not road.cc's fault, is it?

No problem if i had picked the wrong riders, but i had a very strong DL squad but after looking at the way the transfers were to be, 4,4 and then 2, people had to pick to keep DL riders and lose out on today in the TdS or start swapping, so those of us who started swapping were losing out all over the place on those who kept the easy picks from the DL to score more but then they would lose some on the TdS

The way its happened, myself and others who choose to lose some points on the DL and maybe gain on the TdS have now lost that advantage because the transfers were unlimited everyone can change out their DL squad for TdS and not lose anything

Thats why so may of us are pissed off, we lost points on the DL that we could have made up today, but now we cant make anything because of the cock up on transfers

I for one am gonna play out the TdS and then pick a TdF team and piss off to better formatted TdF games

Swirly replied to Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes
Gkam84 wrote:

I for one am gonna play out the TdS and then pick a TdF team and piss off to better formatted TdF games

Wow, what would do you do if something serious happened like you broke a nail?

simon F | 12 years ago
0 likes

Does that mean you would like to give me the 30 or so extra points I would have got if I could have kept Pinot and Sivtsov instead of Tschopp and Bakelandts as I would have done if I'd known what was going to happen?

Thought not. I expected to regain that loss over the next couple of days as the DL heavy boys lost out retuning for the TdS. Can't say I'm exactly over the moon about all this.

TomL | 12 years ago
0 likes

Indeed.
First day was ok. Cancellara was easy to predict.

BUt the second day I've lost 80 points to the leader who has 6 riders in the Dolphin vs my 2 and with a mountain top finish in the Dolphin it was easy to see who would be there.

That's a big loss that I now can't get back by being organised to have 8 riders in the TDS against his 5.
I had designs on still trying to win the overall and I know the only way I was able to was to take some risks to regain the points I was behind. I am now a lot further behind by taking a risk that has had the rules changed on me.

TomL | 12 years ago
0 likes

IMO the last 2 days of racing should be wiped off the slate. I and others have lost a lot of potential, and easy, points by goind TDS heavy in the hope that I'll reap the benefits today and tomorrow and regain more than the lost points.

dave atkinson replied to TomL | 12 years ago
0 likes
TomL wrote:

IMO the last 2 days of racing should be wiped off the slate. I and others have lost a lot of potential, and easy, points by goind TDS heavy in the hope that I'll reap the benefits today and tomorrow and regain more than the lost points.

Swings and roundabouts: you scored 113 and 82 for the crossover stages, with 26 for Mollema and Van Garderen and 43 for Cancellara. Doesn't seem to me that your scores have bombed because you gambled.

KirinChris | 12 years ago
0 likes

Hurrah - had no idea this had happened until picking my team this morning.

In retrospect it would have made sense to have unlimited transfers today anyway. That's what would have happened if the Dauphine had finished last week and the TDS started a few days later wouldn't it.

Appreciate that some people have planned a strategy around it of course, so they are a little peeved.

dave atkinson replied to KirinChris | 12 years ago
0 likes
abudhabiChris wrote:

Hurrah - had no idea this had happened

You and me both. Although my reaction wasn't 'hurrah'  4

abudhabiChris wrote:

In retrospect it would have made sense to have unlimited transfers today anyway

Yeah, I think you're right. That way you could have gambled on some TdS riders or stuck with the DL, with the knowledge that either way you'd be able to pick a full TdS team today.

Ah well. Hindsight and that.

charliemac74 | 12 years ago
0 likes

I'm the first to admit I'm benefiting from this change (and after raking in a huge 42 points today I need it!) but lets not forget that Dave & co are probably busting a bo**ock to get this game out and it doesn't cost us a penny.

I understand that some people will be miffed that their planning has been negated to some extent by this event but hey, it's a game and we are all learning - players and organisers alike - so why don't we all try and remember we are all brothers under the skin(suit) and crack on with it?

Gkam84 | 12 years ago
0 likes

Can i suggest you set up an auto backup for say 5pm, so if something ever happens again, you can just roll back and have it all saved, If you dont have a system like that already??

But i suppose if you did, then it wouldn't have been such a hassle to roll back and sort the transfers  3

drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes

Dave, as this is now technically an unlimited transfers window does that mean purist teams can make transfers and still be classed as purist?

dave atkinson replied to drheaton | 12 years ago
0 likes
drheaton wrote:

Dave, as this is now technically an unlimited transfers window does that mean purist teams can make transfers and still be classed as purist?

yes.

0 likes
Quote:

As currently i can't make any transfers

you can make as many as you like, hit 'pick team'

we're not 'changing the rules', it's just an error. Apologies for the error.

Pages

Latest Comments