Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Brexit battering bike business.....

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

10 comments

Rich_cb | 1 year ago
2 likes

I think road.cc have (unsurprisingly) already covered this story.

The crucial detail missing from the story is what has happened to their UK sales. I imagine that £70 plastic bike hangers have quite elastic demand in an energy crisis.

Cycling businesses are going bust left, right and centre at the moment, that indicates a broader problem across the whole industry.

mark1a replied to Rich_cb | 1 year ago
1 like

It's also a limited product. Take all the bike owners the UK/Europe/Rest of World who want a hanging device just like this... they buy one for each bike.. and errm, that's it - no repeat sales once every bike with an owner that likes a moulded plastic hanger has one.

ChuckSneed | 1 year ago
1 like

Maybe they couldn't keep up with how their product can be bought from other brands for a tenth of the price. Evolve or die.

Rendel Harris replied to ChuckSneed | 1 year ago
4 likes

I've always rather fancied their holders - my upstairs neighbour has one and it looks great - but thought it rather an extravagance at £45, if you could point me in the direction where I could get the same thing for £4.50 that would be great.

ChuckSneed replied to Rendel Harris | 1 year ago
1 like

Don't you need to ask your wife if you're allowed it first? Or so I've heard...

Rendel Harris replied to ChuckSneed | 1 year ago
0 likes

Easier than answering the question or justifying your asinine and clearly untrue statement, isn't it?

perce replied to ChuckSneed | 1 year ago
1 like

Well if you put some thought into it you'd realise there aren't any grey elephants in Denmark. Think on.

chrisonabike replied to ChuckSneed | 1 year ago
0 likes

I'm more worried that the US is now just shooting down unknown objects.  How are we going to evolve unless we let the aliens land and help us?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-64605447

perce replied to chrisonabike | 1 year ago
2 likes

This is why I'm reluctant to use gps - the US army could shoot me down at any time

chrisonabike | 1 year ago
3 likes

Might I suggest the use of "bonkers", "Brussels", "boring", "bureaucrats", "balls-up", "bloody-minded" and or "barmy" in the title for more points?

Latest Comments