Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

forum

Bristol Bicycles / Jakes Bikes closing down

I had my bike booked in for next week for a service, and I've just had a call from them to say it won't be possible.

Their website https://www.bristolbicycles.co.uk/ says

Quote:

We are closing down.

We have had to take the difficult decision to close the business after 14 years of trading.  Sales have not recovered to pre-pandemic levels, but costs are rising, and if we stay open we will no longer be able to pay the bills.

Thank you all for your wonderful support over the years.  We had some of the loveliest, most loyal, friendly, grateful customers we could possibly have hoped for (you know who you are!), and suppliers and business partners too.  Thank you all.  It is with heavy hearts that we have to say that we will close the doors for the final time on Wednesday 30th March.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

4 comments

hawkinspeter | 2 years ago
0 likes

I didn't even know there was a bike shop there.

brooksby replied to hawkinspeter | 2 years ago
0 likes

I think they were up in Redland somewhere before they took the unit in that weird little precinct behind the bus station.

Steve K | 2 years ago
2 likes

Always sad to see a bike shop close. Interesting what they say about sales - my LBS owner told me he'd never been busier than during the pandemic.

AlsoSomniloquism replied to Steve K | 2 years ago
0 likes

Although I suspect that they have either not been given stock to sell, or are expected to pre-order a set amount of bikes in various sizes which they can't afford. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (probably on here) that some of the smaller shops are being asked that by manufacturers. 

Latest Comments