Support road.cc

Like this site? Help us to make it better.

Criterium Dauphine

I am just wondering when the teams might be pickable for the next fabulous cour des etapes.

If you're new please join in and if you have questions pop them below and the forum regulars will answer as best we can.

Add new comment

11 comments

11waterloo | 10 months ago
1 like

I'm afraid it's anorak time again. In the scoring for the ITT, I think that Ivo Oliveira has missed out on his 5 points for his teammate Bjerg winning the stage. They look to have been added to Nelson Oliveira's score instead. I will at some point get myself a life! 

Sniffer replied to 11waterloo | 10 months ago
0 likes

This is our life.

Could be worse.

11waterloo replied to Sniffer | 10 months ago
1 like

True!

tony kappler replied to 11waterloo | 10 months ago
0 likes

Tried to change Oliveiras (plural) score, but file seems to have been corrupted; Iv'e referred problem to Dave. Yes, in my early life I was always pestering Dave re incorrect scores, until he let me score. If you have a huge lot of spare time in your life, maybe you should approach Dave re doing race set up and scoring. Andy (who did 95% of the work for a few seasons) seems to have less time at the moment. Admin is organisationally weird; basically Andy, TER or myself, just jump in and do various tasks without any direction or consultation. eg if the sun rises in Down Under, and there is no score, I'll jump in and do it.

11waterloo replied to tony kappler | 10 months ago
0 likes

Cheers Tony, I appreciate that it is a thankless task. In terms of helping out, I am pretty well illiterate when it comes computers and would almost certainly hinder rather than help things! 

Daniel Norton replied to 11waterloo | 10 months ago
0 likes

You don't need to be an IT wizz.  Attention to detail is key, you'd be great at it with a bit of guidance.

I'd offer to help if things were different.  I have the IT skills and attention to detail but no way do I have the time.

I will look into ways of lifting the results from the PCS database and auto populating a table for potential auto-scoring at some point if I find the time.  Mountain scores and sprints would probably make it difficult though.

11waterloo replied to Daniel Norton | 10 months ago
0 likes

I'll have a think about it, but I don't possess a computer -  I do all my game playing on my trusty iPad! 
Congratulations on a cheeky little win in the Dauphine, an aggressive transfer strategy paid off. Warming up nicely for the Tour! I managed what I think is my first purist race win, though there is always a bit more luck needed in the purist game! 

Daniel Norton replied to 11waterloo | 10 months ago
0 likes

Thanks.  Good result to win Purist, which is arguable harder as you have to pick good riders AND be lucky.

I was one transfer short for the last three stages (stuck with non-scoring F Wright) as Page AND Hayter both went out in stage 1 so I used one transfer more than the other main contenders for stage 2.  I risked Ciccone AND Alaphillippe expecting them to attack to compensate and, fortunately, it came off.

So much better for the racing having Carapaz, Ciccone and Alaphillippe willing to attack and take risks.  Much better than the boring Giro riders.  Hopefully bodes well for le Tour.

11waterloo replied to Daniel Norton | 10 months ago
0 likes

Definitely agree with that. A few loose cannons like the trio you mention  will hopefully upset the Jumbo/UAE plans!

tony kappler | 10 months ago
1 like

Late startlists seem to be a sign of the times. We need this info to see quality of GC riders and sprinters and hence adjust budget. As it is, $140 is probably too high; need a bit of a squeeze to force players to search out cheap quality riders.

Anyway, comp now open.

JAndrewHill replied to tony kappler | 10 months ago
0 likes

Merci, monsieur Kappler

Latest Comments